Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pages 136-137 of the BRB are under rules interpretation in my gaming area. Quite a few feel that once a tactical objective has been scored or discarded by one player, the other player can no longer score it as well, and it becomes a dead objective.
Obj cease being Active and you cannot generate or achieve these obj for the remainder of the game
This is being interpreted as affecting both players.

The other side of the fence read it to be separate objectives for each of the players, and that a player cannot reuse a scored or discarded obj.

Of course I contacted GW for a rule clarification and of course I received no response. Help would be appreciated as it drastically changes how the tactical obj play and no local consensus can be achieved.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The way I understand the rules, each player has objectives based off thier cards. Since those change at any given moment, there is no 'dead' objectives. Depending on your warlord, faction, and the luck of the draw those objectives are going to be very fluid during the game. I think the rule quoted is to prevent the same card being used by a single player multiple times. I think this rule is there not for people with the cards but for those roll the objectives from the book.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
What scscofield said: that particular card's objective cannot be achieved for the rest of the game, but each player should have several more cards for that numbered objective that they can grab.

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you look at the list or even deal out all the cards you will notice that there are mulitiple cards/ rolls for the same objective, the difference is some give more points than others. but it is supposed to be on a player by player basis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts