Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this happened last night.

My opponent(Tyranids) was attempting to achieve the Psychological Warfare tactical objective. Basically make me fail a Morale Check or Pinning Test. So he shot at a unit of Boyz who took 25% casualties. I roll the Morale Check and fail. I then roll on the Mob Rule table and get a 3 result. Take some casualties from the Nob cracking some heads but overall ok and stated as if it had passed the Morale Check.

At first we said ok no tactical objective point achieved for it, but then starting thinking... (I know right, not a good thing). I suppose it all comes down to wording or whatever, but we wanted to see what the forums have to say.

Does the point get awarded due to the fact I did actually fail a Morale Check and the unit is just "treated" as having passed due the Mob Rule? or Does the Mob Rule ignore that I failed the Morale Check in the first place and actually allow my unit to pass the check.

Thinking too hard or is this a legit question?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I would say you passed the check. At the end of the mob rule section for result you are talking about it states that if there is no Characters in the unit you fail the check.

If you do have characters though, the unit takes some wounds and passes the test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts