Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was on Heresy previewing the Tabletop Workshop 28mm Castle series late last year (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130551) and wanted to show you all the very first finished product. The stand-alone 28mm Watchtower will be released early to mid-August and is now available to pre-order online at http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/t...1-28mm-Watchtower-PreOrder-Special-Offer.html.

The tower is highly detailed, inside and outside and as we're design engineers by trade, we've tried our hardest to design it with wargamers in mind. Follow our advice and glue it into rings, (shown in one of the pictures below) and you'll find you that you can stack these rings. This makes assembling and storing the tower a breeze. Due to the strength of the parts, you won't need to wrap it in cotton wool. In fact, it's more than capable of surviving all the bumps and thumps associated with getting it to games night. Despite the size and stature of the Tower, it's in fact very very light.

For more information, feel free to post any questions or feedback on here and I'll try my best to get back to you.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It certainly does look very sturdy. There is lots of potential for a number of game systems as has been said.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
how big is it?

I can almost see it being used as the leg of a titan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how big is it?

I can almost see it being used as the leg of a titan.
Approx. size when fully assembled - 115mm diameter and 178mm high.

Bits&Kits, we can't send anything your way as of yet. The kits are only available to pre-order as part of a 15% discount offer at the moment. They will be released early to mid August. We may get in touch then!

·
Registered
633 Posts
That thing is excellent. 40k, fantasy, hell even a D&D game would benefit from a few of these.
Sweet job.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Approx. size when fully assembled - 115mm diameter and 178mm high.

Alright, just looked at the forge world page again.

The Reaver is 400mm high while a war hound is 250mm high, and the height of each Titan is (and this is just a round ball) about half leg and half torso.

So, the tower would work to make the legs of a Warhound, but you would need to some how put a joint in the middle section of the tower, while the Reaver would need two per leg, and again, just as a round ball guess.

This hypothetical titan conversion would look interesting as heck I can tell you, like a castle that walks like man, something to pursue once the rest of your castle kits come out, or maybe basterdize it with a lego set or something to make the torso. humm, food for thought.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the good comments people. The idea of the Castle Series is to make it fully modular so kind of like a Lego set. You can make the Castle in a variety of configurations using different Castle Connector Angles. Then add and remove middle pieces from the Tower and the Wall to build it to any size you want. We'll then look to add custom pieces so that you can personalise your Castle.

For any more info, head over to http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/28mm-castle.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts