Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been discussed hundreds of times, but does it seem like maybe the Blood Ravens could have branched from the Thousand Sons somehow? Cause the Blood Ravens have the most psykers out of any of the other chapters and the T sons were famous for their psychic abilities. And in the book The Thousands Sons, Arhiman had a vision that vaguely describes, in my opinion, a Blood Raven. As I said before this has more than likely already been discussed, but it has been a while since I've been on here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yup..its a cool idea, but dont forget that every space marine chapter has to send a 5% tithe of geneseed to the mechanicus on a regular basis. So if they were desendants of the TS it would probably be discovered by 40k

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Currently, there seems to be some...disagreement between Relic and C.S. Goto over who the Blood Ravens are descended from. The Blood Ravens' psyker count would normally lead one to think that they are loyalist Tsons, but when (if) Eliphas defeats the Blood Ravens on Kronus, he's said to have gained Abbadon's favor for reasons unknown. Compound this with Eliphas's swearing to Abbadon that the Blood Ravens would fall at the end of Chaos Rising, and it would seem that Relic is more interested in the Blood Ravens being related to the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus/Black Legion somehow.

That's just conjecture on my part, however.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I don't think the refrence to the Blood Ravens in Thousand Sons was a reference to them. The Raven is the symbol of the Corvidae, which Ahriman belongs too, soon to be bathed in blood when the Space Wolfs arrive. They are all crying out for knowledge as Magnus has kept them in the dark and is shielding them from finding answers etc.

If you want to see it as a connection to the Blood Ravens then it can easily be interpreted as such. But i still believe it was just about the 1k sons themselves

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
if the BR are descended from the TS then surely something would have been done about them by now, after all according to the inquistion (looks over shoulder looking for monty pythons inquisition to jump out at me) the TS are heretics and the worst traitors, chaos marines ya de da de da and all that. however who'se to say that Ahiman hasn't had a hand in thier creation...espeially if he wants to bring what remains of the sons to redemption, just a thought...

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah... wasnt there a recruit that they nicked from an imperial guard regiment called Ckrius that ended up with like tendrily tentacly things for fingers? the dawn of war books were alright but i think they were made to emphasize the connection between the 2 but not confirm it. i did enjoy it when Ahriman turned up though

·
Registered
62 Posts
But the Horus heresy books point out that the Grey Knights where decended from Battle Captian Garro of the Death Guard and the Inquisition have Some how over looked that lol.

I supose in both cases the gene-seed isn't unusable so long as we imagen that some of it was kept away from the warp.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Actually, in the 3 original Dawn of war books they comfirm it, at one point Ahriman has a chat with what ever BR captain was most popular at the time and those books also decribe a radom mutation in the BR gene-seed much like the TS.
Relic has contradicted Goto before. Besides, this is C.S. "Multilaser" Goto we're talking about.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
But the Horus heresy books point out that the Grey Knights where decended from Battle Captian Garro of the Death Guard and the Inquisition have Some how over looked that lol.

I supose in both cases the gene-seed isn't unusable so long as we imagen that some of it was kept away from the warp.
The HH series only suggests that Garro could have something to do with the Inquisition, not that he would become a Grey Knight.
It would make some sense, as well as be cool, if Garro was the first GK but there's nothing set in stone, yet.
As for the BR being descended from the Thousand Sons, it's a cool idea and one I would love to see GW expand upon, the BR suck arse as a chapter so anything to boost them up a bit would be nice.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
gotta love that avatar norm lol and yeah the ravens sucketh big time in my opinion, only two leigons make the game of secrecy thier own inmho and that happens to be Dark Angels and Word Bearers (pre heresy more then post heresy in lorgars boys).
i think on the garro thing that he and the half heard were the foreruuner to the GK the first masters and the first inquisitors but answerable to at first the Sigilitte and then the Emperor in the seven years between the heresy start and the mighty battle on Terra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think its pretty obvious that the blood ravens descent of ts, you only have to read the third book of cs goto, the conversations between arhiman and rhama, the library, let it clear, im a particular fan of br(blood ravens), and i think they should say it clearly, in chaos rising, the last expansion of dow 2, in the end, you discover that Kiras, the boss of BR is corrupted, i think they give more data about this,

and forgive my bad english, im spanish, and im not a godd studient xD

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think the BR are all corrupt in that they're boring and one-dimensional.

They've corrupted my hypothesis that alternate spess mehreen chapters can be interesting and surprising.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Blood Ravens are the most interesting chapter of the lot, they are the 40k equivilent of book worms and smart guys.

The origins of the GKs are shrouded in mystery with about 4 canon origins stories, its just that Garro has become a fan favourite since flight o t E.

Theres an awful lot in both the 3rd DoW book and a thousand sons that the BRs are a successor chapter of the greatest ever legion

·
Registered
87 Posts
The fact that their geneseed is screened is not in and of itself a disproof of the TS hypothesis; the Inquisition may be well aware of their origins, but hoping that they will remain loyal regardless. The BR may even be a deliberate experiment in using some of the traitorous geneseed for loyalist purposes; and if you've seen the end of Chaos Rising, you know how well that went.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
not actually read any of his stuff however a lot of BL authors have thier own take on things, IF the BR are a direct line from the TS then that might pave the way for a direct successor from the SOH/LW, Emps Children, Word Bearers, World Eaters...death guard..ETC ETC then again there is a heck of a load of chapters out there with unknown origins....maybe some bright sparks here can do that i know i might have a go if i can make it plausable anyway.....and isn't there a relgious group or somthng in the WH40K that believe that to clone Horus might bring the rebirth of the imperium

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
and isn't there a relgious group or somthng in the WH40K that believe that to clone Horus might bring the rebirth of the imperium
Yeah, the Horusians - they're a radical faction of the Inquisition who think that the powers of Chaos that possessed Horus can be used to restore the Emperor to his mortal form.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts