Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the rules for synapse it is a 2 way street. We gain fearless and are not subject to IB, but out of range we lose fearless and revert to IB ( with a failed roll ).

If a creature such as a genestealer , that is not required to have synapse due to having brood telepathy, is within synapse range does it gain fearless?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i would say no because you cant get one with out the other

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have no idea what aboytervigon meant with his post...
I think you get Fearless, because there is nothing stopping you. Synapse creatures spread an IB suppressive aura and a Fearless aura all in one. If you are already Fearless, but subject to IB, then you could use Fearless just as if you were immune to IB but didn't have Fearless.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
look this is what i mean i cant have a pot of boiling water without the water can i i need the water and everything that comes with it

·
Registered
488 Posts
To continue with the pots of water example, what you described is not the case.
Most Tyranids are thirsty, but have no cups. Synapse creatures give Tyranids cups, and fill them with water, so that the poor things can finally have a drink. Some Tyranids, though, have their own cups. They took them off some guardsmen. So naturally, they don't need to take the cup from the Synapse creature, but will gladly have their own cups filled by the Synapse creature.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If a creature such as a genestealer , that is not required to have synapse due to having brood telepathy, is within synapse range does it gain fearless?
Tyranid creatures within synapse range have the Fearless USR.
They're also immune to the effects of Instinctive Behaviour, but Genestealers ignore that anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts