150—5x Chosen w/ 4x plasma

90—3x Bikers w/ 2x melta
90—3x Bikers w/ 2x melta
90—3x Bikers w/ 2x melta

145—5x Havocs w/ 2x autocannons, 2x missile launchers w/ flakk
145—5x Havocs w/ 2x autocannons, 2x missile launchers w/ flakk
125—5x Havocs w/ 3x autocannons, a lascannon

85—ADL w/ Icarus Lascannon

Idea: taking spam to an art form without using the Heldrake crutch. Havocs w/ one lascannon sit on the Icarus to bolster their fire and spread my AA between all 3 squads. Lord joins that squad to make it Fearless or the Chosen, as needed. The Noise Marines will snake out in lines with the Blastmasters at the back staying stationary in the deployment zone. Playstyle: overwhelm the enemy with targets, each of which has a painful sting. They can only destroy so many, then everything else retaliates. It would suffer a bit on kill points games, I imagine, but apart from that...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The 5 chosen and the token lord are the real weak points of the list...
The lord should be able to deal with some kind of deepstrikers and outflankers
you seem really worried about flyers though!! I guess you could drop 2 flak missiles...
the chosens i understand why they are there but i guess they are not going to be so useful (for their cost)
I could suggest to give the lord a powerclaw or better still the Burning Brand and transform the chosens into 4 Terminators w/4 combiplasma and power axes
The lord could then try to better protect your deployment zone, while, depending on the mission, terminators could deepstrike to give some pain or walk the board, hunting for 2+
The rest of the list is unfair at best :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya i think u worrie too much about flyers too i would say drop the x2 missile with flakk from each unit and give them auto cannons and make 1 of the units 4 las cannons then add the quad cannon insted of the icarus las

as for the lord u sould give him a slanesh mount grantin outflank and outflank the chosen give them MoS and they can shoot and also fight but the termies is another good itea

·
Registered
358 Posts
on another note if u plannin to sit back and shoot maybe drop 1 unit and give sonic blasters to all the marines and a extra man

·
Registered
169 Posts
I played a similar list with a bit less noise marines. The only difference i had was the ADL was with Quad gun and i had a squad of 20 plaguebearers and the GUO....

The plaguebearers were there to slow though assoult squad like nob bikers (and i mean slow them) and the GUO cleaned the house after that with it's ID sword.

Noise marines are amazing, I learned that from you Mossy Toes, combined with deamons, there even more amazing. I find that deamons offer everything you need to shield them...well i am just saygin it worked for me....

Now i am reading the Supplement, and even though it is not what we all hoped it would be, i am thinking that i can create a killer slaneesh lord, with Eternal warrior, that can create havoc while my noise marines blast away....

I like your list, noise marines are crazy good, with that many blastmaster, who needs a heldrake....I would had some deamons to react to any assaulting force but that is just preference.

Just my two cents...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm. Thanks for the replies, all. Digesting them; may come up with a few alternate lists and weigh the pros and cons of each before I make any edits here.

Flakk missiles are expensive, yeah, but with frag and krak they offer some unparalleled flexibility--anti-horde, -MEQ, -light armor, and -flyer to boot; they're not locked into just one role. Plus 3 autocannons and 2 lascannons (the third squad) are nothing to sniff at. I like this in that the units are flexible enough to have a chance at taking down a flyer or two, but still spit good firepower. Still, I may well swap flakk for lascannons on one unit, or some such. I worry too much about flyers perhaps... until I run up against the local list that has 2 Heldrakes or the one that has 2 Stormravens.

I think the Chosen with 4 plasma are a useful investment, personally. The list needed more AP2, which they provide, they aren't too expensive (barely more so than one of the Blastmaster squads), and I figure the unit will be useful against Termis, Wraithknights/lords, Riptides and Dreadknights, etc. I'll consider combi-plas Termis, though.

As much as I'd like to play dress-up with the Lord, it's hard to find the points. Outflanking the Lord on a steed with the Chosen is particularly tempting, but it feels like throwing away the Slay the Warlord point to my opponent, since he won't have much in the way of backup, and the list's whole idea is its interchangeability. I don't feel any pressing need to give him the BBoS, either, with 6 blastmasters on the field.

Dropping one squad of NMs is a nice idea, though I might be able to manage much the same thing dropping the Chosen to flesh out the rest of the list. Still, what's the point in min/maxing if you're just going to backtrack on yourself? Heh.

I was considering adding allied Daemons actually, Madcore, for Tzeentchi divination. A Lord of Change could offer a nice counter-assault unit while buffing the Havocs, I figure... Plaguebearers would make a nice assault screen too, I suppose. At 2000 points I'd definitely drop something to work those two units in. Until then... hmm. I suppose the bikers, Chosen and a unit of NMs might be able to squeeze aside. Will have to look into that alternative, even if a LoC might best benefit an army with large blocky chunks of NMs instead of lots of little squads.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Seriously, I never bother with flakk anymore: It has it's uses in some lists, but I think there are better way to spend points...Allying Tzeentch Daemons just works so much better: You get twin-linked missile launchers for 45pts with Tzherald, which are so amazingly flexible (anti-horde, MEQ, vehicles) and accurate and they negate the need for flakk missiles when you are rolling 8 times for a 6 plus get strength 8 hits on fliers instead of flakk strength 7. It can make all the difference.....As a nice bonus for 90pts you get Horrors behind the ADL, a scoring unit with a 2+ re-rollable cover save. What's not to like about this little package? Why take flakk ever again?
Yes it's +135pts minimum for that Tzeentch package (a bargain, IMO) as opposed to +40 for x4 flakks, but i'll pay that extra +95pts difference for a very strong scoring unit, plus x4 twin-linked ML. Because even if an opponent doesn't bring any fliers, having x4 twin-linked krak/frag missiles is still extremely useful against vehicles (other than Land Raider...which is what melta bikers or termicide is for) and/or hordes. Happy days.

Scratch a Noise Marine squad and flakk missiles, add Horrors and Tzherald and give a Havoc squad all missile launchers. That's all i'd do. Otherwise it embraces the cheese of spamming MSU's well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts