Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Swordwind In Progress.....

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Viscount Vash 
#1 ·
Thought I'd might as well throw my latest project Into the hat, not quite up to the standard of some of you guys (some awesome work guys!) but hey maybe you could give a newb a few tips! :D
I'm also at the stage of fine tuning my BA's at the moment so I should be able to throw a few pics of them at some point lazyness permitting.
Cheers

DOOMseer! (Cloak to be added):

DA Exarch:

First DA:

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice. Next time, take the pics from a bit further back though :D

#4 ·
The doomseer convert is pretty impressive. I wish that da kit had been out when i converted mine. the spear makes things much easier. I sawed? up old bugeye for mine and had to glue a spear at the wrist

#5 ·
Get painting Bennett!
Its looking good so far and the little conversions like the farseer are very nice, but PLEASE lets not have this army ending up like your tau: bought, built, never painted, ebay'd a year later.
PAINT or feel my wrath/manlove at the GT.

#9 ·
Whatever that actually means, it sounds dirty. But in a good way lol.

#13 ·
yeah and me, matt and gus abusing each other over them was even more.

Then again the best bit has to be the heckling of the quiz master "how do you spell that???" to the point where i just looked at him and he spelt it out without me saying anything.

#14 ·
Pogonologists of the World unite!

Our new doubles team name! :D
I've only really been playing tournaments for about a year and a half and 40k for about 2-3, but In that time I've only really completed two armies so my painting Is still fairly newbish. I seem to have a steady hand for the details and basic painting but all this blending and extreme highlighting malarky Is all new to me, sure I'll pick up some more skills the sooner I stop playing bloody tournaments and get painting these pixies!

#15 ·
Arise! :eek:
While the other half has been away for the past week I've been on a bit of a painting mission attempting to get my Eldar done In time for Heat 2.
Everything Is now built up, converted and ready to go with my Waveserpent 90% complete.
If needs must they'll all end up with the min 3 base colours but I'm hoping to get everything up to std over the next few months.
Stay tuned.....

HQ
Autarch: Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Mandi-Blasters
(140pts)

TROOPS
3 x Jetbikes
Warlock: Jetbike, Destructor, Singing Spear
(124pts)

TROOPS
3 x Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
(76pts)

ELITES
8 x Fire Dragons
Exarch: Dragons Breath, Crack Shot
Waveserpant: T-L Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines
(285pts)

ELITES
6 x Harlequins: 6 x Kisses, Shadowseer
(162pts)

FAST ATTACK
8 x Warp Spiders
(176pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holofield
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holofield
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Falcon: Shuriken Cannons x 2, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, Holofield
(195pts)

(1498pts)
Heres a few pics of the semi-finished Waveserpent:

Still got to finish all of the gems, the pilot, highlight the black as well as touching up the white and green to a neat finish but you get the general Idea. Once everything has three colours I'm going to go for a bit of freehand with the thorns and the Biel-Tan logo but thats at the back of the que for now.
All c+c mucho welome!
Good to be back guys/gals! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.