Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my new Eldar list that I've been playing around with recently, have to admit It's not the most competetive but It's damn good fun with most of my units revolved around the DOOMseer. As usual with the new Eldar It does rely greatly on the combined armed aproach and knowing when too dump those aspects and when not too, still trying to master that one! :?
Any comments?
Cheers
LongBeard

HQ
Farseer
Doom
Runes Of Warding
Singing Spear
Jet-Bike
(128pts)

TROOPS
10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch: 2nd Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm
Waveserpent: T-L EML, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
(302pts)

TROOPS
6 x Pathfinders
(144pts)

ELITES
8 x Howling Banshees
Exarch: Executioner
Waveserpent: T-L Bright Lance, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
(315pts)

ELITES
6 x Fire Dragons
(96pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Falcon
Shuriken Cannon x 2
Holofield
Spirit Stones
(175pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism
Shuriken Cannon
Holofields
Spirit Stones
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism
Shuriken Cannon
Holofields
Spirit Stones
(170pts)

(1500pts)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Its very similar to lists i have come up with myself, i usually go with a unit of firedragons in serpent over the banshees though. Pathfinders are the odd thing in the list, but with doom there just so....tempting aren't they :)

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I know the Farseer has an important role in any Eldar army, but it seems like if you have a choice between a Farseer and an Autarch, you should take the Autarch in a swordwind army from the emphasis on the Aspect Warriors.

Incidentally, a Swordwind army would most likely not contain the pathfinders. A Biel Tan Swordwind host is almost entirely Aspect Warriors. I've kicked around making a Biel Tan army myself lately (but I don't have the cash). I'd restrict myself to the following units for it though:

1 Autarch
Farseer
Striking Scorpions
Howling Banshees
Fire Dragons
2+ Dire Avengers
0-1 Guardian Squad
0-1 Vyper Squadron
Warp Spiders
Swooping Hawks
Shining Spears
Dark Reapers
0-1 War Walker Squadron
Wraithlord
Dark Reapers
0-1 Falcon or Fire Prism

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think as long as there is an emphasis on Apsects then its a swordwind army. Units like farseers and pathfinders will still be in every craftworld, in fact in a biel tan craftworld they are likely to be even more valued as they would add something to the army that is rare and they can't get anywhere else.

I would exchange the waveserpents around as the Lance serpent is slightly more likely to be targeted than the eml and the banshees being more expensive could do with being targetted less

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want to be a really fluffy Biel-Tan army, get an Avatar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very similar to alot of lists ive seen recently. Thats not a crit, just that many eldar vets are graviating toward this kind of list.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been reading one of my mates posts over on FLAME ON! and couldn't resist having a Play around with my Eldar list again. Still basing It around the same principles but taking out the Falcon and Dragons and In place adding In 8 x Spiders to cover the falons ST6 role, and two Vibro's to replace the Dragons AT role. Also wouldn't mind giving mind war a run for It's money to take down DP's, Wraithlords, Marine heavies etc, DOOM Is fun and all but can become a bit overkill at times.
Overall I think the list rounds out a bit better having all my units dedicated to a purpose, whereas before the Falcon was always multi-tasking as such with It's Anti-Infantry (shur-Cannons) / AT ability (Dragons/Pulse) combined arms ftw!
What do you guys think?
Cheers,
LongBeard

HQ
Farseer
Mind War
Runes Of Warding
Singing Spear
Jet-Bike
(123pts)

TROOPS
10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch: 2nd Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm
Waveserpent: T-L Bright Lance, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
(317pts)

TROOPS
6 x Pathfinders
(144pts)

ELITES
8 x Howling Banshees
Exarch: Executioner
Waveserpent: T-L EML, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
(300pts)

ELITES
8 x Warpspiders
(176pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism
Shuriken Cannon
Holofields
Spirit Stones
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism
Shuriken Cannon
Holofields
Spirit Stones
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 x Vibro-Cannons
(100pts)

(1500pts)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The Son of Horus said:
I know the Farseer has an important role in any Eldar army, but it seems like if you have a choice between a Farseer and an Autarch, you should take the Autarch in a swordwind army from the emphasis on the Aspect Warriors.

Incidentally, a Swordwind army would most likely not contain the pathfinders. A Biel Tan Swordwind host is almost entirely Aspect Warriors. I've kicked around making a Biel Tan army myself lately (but I don't have the cash). I'd restrict myself to the following units for it though:

1 Autarch
Farseer
Striking Scorpions
Howling Banshees
Fire Dragons
2+ Dire Avengers
0-1 Guardian Squad
0-1 Vyper Squadron
Warp Spiders
Swooping Hawks
Shining Spears
Dark Reapers
0-1 War Walker Squadron
Wraithlord
Dark Reapers
0-1 Falcon or Fire Prism
I really like it. A cool, balanced army list that fits the fluff nicely.
Very cool man.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
LongBeard said:
Been reading one of my mated posts over on FLAME ON! and couldn't resist having a Play around with my Eldar list again. Still basing It around the same principles but taking out the Falcon and Dragons and In place adding In 8 x Spiders to cover the falons ST6 role, and two Vibro's to replace the Dragons AT role. Also wouldn't mind giving mind war a run for It's money to take down DP's, Wraithlords, Marine heavies etc, DOOM Is fun and all but can become a bit overkill at times.
Overall I think the list rounds out a bit better having all my units dedicated to a purpose, whereas before the Falcon was always multi-tasking as such with It's Anti-Infantry (shur-Cannons) / AT ability (Dragons/Pulse) combined arms ftw!
What do you guys think?
Cheers,
LongBeard<snip>
Brother...you are playing on a much higher level than I am.
Looks like a killer list. I'd get owned.
[taking notes...]

;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a killer list. I'd get owned.
[taking notes...]
By all means, thats what were all here for after all! :wink:
Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts