Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a question I pose to yall... Just trying to get the communities interpretation or standard modus operendi as it were..

If the victor has 2 units in contact with same unit which lost contact (and not in contact with any other unit) do you take 1 Init test using the unit with the highest Init or 2 tests one for each unit. If you have a character in contact who has a higher Init do you use his or the unit he is attached to?

So far the group I game with roll for both units and use the highest init in the unit unless we want them to get away and we use the lowest available. Its not really specified in the rules so just wanted to test the waters and see whateveryone else does.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Actually it specifies just this under multiple combats on page 45.

All units make a roll, and all units that are falling back must beat the highest roll or be destroyed.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tru... didnt think to look there.. well at least I was doing it right to begin with then! Still how do yall work out characters with above or below average Init? Do you count them as your units Init or do you just go with the basic unit Init?

·
Banned
280 Posts
Independent characters count as a separate unit in close combat remember, so they make their own roll.

As for units with multiple initiative values, you use the lowest IIRC.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
You use the majority initiative when a unit has mixed initiatives, which, generally speaking is the lowest. The only exception to that I can think of off the top of my head is grots, which are quicker than their Orky slavers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts