Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was challenged in my FLGS to run what was called a "real 'nid" list, not just all MCs. So, what do you think of this? Any competitive at all?

Tyranid Prime, Deathspitter, Lashwhip/Bonesword, The Ymgarl Factor, Flesh hooks

Warriors x3, deathspitter, Lash whip/bone sword, Adrenal glands, flesh hooks

Warriors x3, Venom Cannon/scything talons x1, Deathspitter x2, lashwhip/sword x2, adrenal glands, fleshooks.

Genestelers x6, Adrenal glands

TErmagaunts x15, Spinefists

Termagaunts x18, Fleshborer

Hormagaunts x16, Toxin Sacs, adrenal glands

Hive Guard x2

Venomthrope x2

Zoanthrope x2

Raveners x4

Garogoyle brood x8

Carnifex x2, Devouers and Brainleech x1, Heavy Venom Cannon x2, Spine Banks x2, Bioplasma x1

BioVore x2

Only the original "MC" the Carnifex. I think this will lose to most folk, storm of fire will knock them down. The hope is to Venom"shroud" through cover until short range assaults are made.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
well im still working on my lists at the moment..but whats this "" real nid list" crap!?
that's like saying a real marine list...if you want a "real nid" list wouldnt it be something like tones of little bugs leading tones on big bugs..../
any way on to your list..its a bit all over the place..are you just trying to to put stuff on the table? or are you trying to actually achieve something?
and you synapse is very limited...so after they kill the prime oh look most of your units are now killing themselves or gone to ground...i mean this codex is pretty tough as it is dont make it harder for yourself

·
Registered
48 Posts
After they kill the Prime, he'll still have 3 more synapse units in the Warrior squads and the Zoanthropes.

As far as the list goes I'd drop the Genestealers for more Gargoyles. And the Raveners for more Hormagaunts or Termagants.

·
Registered
358 Posts
to be fair the days of swarm lists are sort of gone with flyers , torrent weps and the amount of tanks and blast weps ppl your gaunts get destroyed its all Mc with little guy support

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I don't think this is competitive, just playing around. Thanks for the comments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts