Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Swapping out weapons on IG/AM

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hocky 
#1 ·
Hello I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial or could point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows how to swap out the lasguns for other weapons. An example would be a Meltagun with no hands attached, any of the FW IG/AM weapons, or a third party shotgun model, etc etc.

Do people just go and slice it out carefully with a hobby knife or file and fit it in as best they can or do they have places that sell hands meant for troops other than the Power armored ones

Thank you for any help you can give.

#2 · (Edited)
people just go and slice it out carefully with a hobby knife or file and fit it in as best they can
Typically this. You can also use putty to fill in awkward gaps. If you don't want to keep the weapon you're removing from the hand it's a lot easier, just cut up from the trigger finger to the top of the gun then in from the top of the trigger finger toward the elbow. Chances are you're going to have to gouge into the interior of the forearm to remove the shoulder rest of the lasgun, I would likely cut deeper into the arm then round it out with some green stuff if the new weapon didn't cover it completely.

#3 ·
Either that or FW do some meltagunners that you can buy although they have respirator heads on. I use them on my project log here - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97559&page=2

I also bought some Marine meltaguns and chopped off the arm at the wrist which allowed me to pose my guys differently. They are on my project log here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97559

They are a touch big but still look fine and the hand on the melta has a glove which the other hand doesn't but no-one really notices when they are in a group.

I have since repainted them and reposed the rubbish one with the knife by the way!!!

Let us know what you decide to do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.