Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,314 Posts
I wish BA could still run a massive Dreadnought army and have it bound. Ah well.

If you ever did think of adding BA to this list (and including the requisite infantry models) Furiosos are bad ass. I play two out of Drop Pods with Frag Cannons and Heavy Flamers every time and every time I have my opponent balk at the fact that there's 3 templates. Most recently, I had one take out a unit of 20 Cultists to a man because the dude rushed them up on an objective in a tight group and my Pod didn't scatter enough that I couldn't disembark template death upon them.

This list would be super fun to face, it'd really put my anti-armour mindset to test.

· Registered
6,314 Posts
I have gotta check out the Shield of Baal books to see what's up for my red marines. I was going to mention that detachment, but didn't know you needed to take infantry models for it to work.

Say, since none of them are going to get Objective Secured anyway, why not just play Unbound?

I've always played a heavy amount of anti tank because of how my friend played all of his various armies. I needed every unit to be able to deal with high AV targets in whatever faculty their wargear allowed....then I started playing at the local GW as well and I started to have to involve more infantry killers. Enter the Fragiosos :grin:

The guitar is my Gibson SG3 faded, with a modified pickup selector and added in toggle for more pickup-related fun. It's a workhorse of a guitar, and has done me well for the last 7 years.

· Registered
6,314 Posts
My Deathwing army satisfies my need for Terminators....though there's a squad of Imperial Fists and Grey Knights in the mix as well. I was actually really disappointed that the new BA Terminators have the backs attached to the legs already. I'm loathe to spend ~70 clams on a box I know I'll have to cut up.

My buddy ran through 'Nids, Orks, and Guard before settling on CSM. The last two were the ones I needed all the anti armour for, and took up the majority of our games. When I was facing down the barrel of a wall of AV14 'what, you have power armour?' tanks I started incorporating Drop Pods and Stormravens into my lists, as well as MGs in basically every squad because it was necessary for survival. Really I still equip my squads with PFs and MGs wherever I can, but I also try to include some horde-thinners like Baal Predators and Fragiosos (who also double for anti armour at charge range, specially since Magna-Grapples changed ever so slightly).

I feel you on the solo acoustic stuff, that's the only way I ever made money gigging as a musician. Teaching is my regular cheque, my band is pretty much just for fun despite out longevity and following. Ibanez make some pretty hefty pieces of instrument, though they definitely have a nicer introductory line than Gibson does in Epiphone. Even Gibson has fallen off in the last decade or two, I have a Blues King acoustic from '06 and have had many problems over the years with the bridge and neck (stable and sturdy now, thanks to acute care) and I've also noticed a distinct drop off in the quality of their pickups for guitars both electric (under the $1500 price tag) and acoustic (even so far as up to the $2500 price range). I truly do feel that they are a company entirely based on their place in guitar history, and the stuff they've been putting out isn't keeping up with other company's innovation and cost effectiveness.

....while I still love my SG and acoustic like no other guitars, it has very little to do with the name on the head stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.