Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently finished cacking myself over Alien Isolation and noticing that the RP section seems to be moving down a more slow moving contemplative route, I was wondering if I could muster up any interest for a survival horror RP.

The setting would likely be set in the lower levels of some Hive city, set in 30/40k (perhaps some of the unknown horrors of the Great Crusade would work better than the known baddies of the 40k setting). I would name an antagonist because a) this is just an interest thread so such a thing is not fixed yet and b) what you don't know is creepier I think. You would take on the roles of random Johns/Janes trying to survive and perhaps work out what the hell is going on. Some might have combat experience, others won't. The chief aspect would be character interaction and trying to survive, not combat. High probability of fatality if you are silly, although people could rejoin as different characters.

So, what do people think?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Yep, I'd definitely be interested.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hmm a 30/40k version of cthulu this could be fun

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
You have my attention

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, 6 is enough for me to feel this is worth doing. I'll formulate an actual coherent story-line ant such like and then I'll set up a recruitment thread. Watch this space.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Probably neither, especially not marines since part of survival horror is to instill some form of fear in the characters.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aye, they characters will consist of mostly civilians. Maybe one or two PDF/Arbites folks, but they hardly have an extensive military training and even then I'm not certain.

Just to give you guys an eta, I'm planning on getting the plan and recruitment thread finished up on the 6 hour train ride I have on Thurday. If not then it'll be at some other point during the weekend. Basically, by Sunday night you should hopefully see something come of this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kinda new to the whole forum rp I mean I've done bits but nothing this well thorght out, for me this is like a big fish leaving his pond for the ocean
I feel out of my depth but at the same time wanting to jump into an rp story arch :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had the time today and felt the creative juices flowing, so the recruitment thread for this is up. Hopefully you guys/gals like it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts