12,830 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I'm only asking a question.

The confusing bit for me is this "all friendly models
with this special rule in units within 6"

It 's a bit weird. Is it saying a model has to be within 6 and the unit gets it? I've been wondering for a while.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
No it's the other way around.

If the unit is within 6" then all models in that unit with the supporting fire special rule can fire.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So by models then. Righteo.

Thought it was but some people said to me about it then dakka dakka put something up that said it was by unit.

thanks

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Can you have multiple units shooting the same target for supporting fire?

ie. if there's three units within 6" of the unit being charged and they all have supporting fire, can all three choose to shoot?

This is how I played it in the last game against Tau, but the dude using them is brand new to the game. We weren't super focused on getting special rules down, more so the mechanics of the game in a broader sense.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Can you have multiple units shooting the same target for supporting fire?

ie. if there's three units within 6" of the unit being charged and they all have supporting fire, can all three choose to shoot?

This is how I played it in the last game against Tau, but the dude using them is brand new to the game. We weren't super focused on getting special rules down, more so the mechanics of the game in a broader sense.
yeah i believe you can , but a unit can only fire overwatch once , so if they did it for supporting fire , then got charged they cant overwatch again.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Excellent. That's what we assumed, but we were working with a partially printed out version of the Tau 'dex as the dude is just starting out with the game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts