Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The laws of economics are a universal driving force as long as some people have what others want, the Dark Eldar are no exception. The inhabitants of Commorragh are in constant demand for slaves to use and abuse. My question Concerns their relative values.

How does the price of a nubile human female compare to that of an ork nob? Do the people of Commorragh prize Tau for their rarity or do they prefer to torment the Rakgul? Do Kroot fetch a high price? What about craftworlders?

How do the Dark Eldar judge value? What slaves are in the highest demand?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
First true question should be: what's the currency in the Dark City. I can see many transactions being resolved with bartering and exchange of goods/favours. Hence the value of a slave might depend on the need and whims of the buyer, on his tastes, so to speak.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First true question should be: what's the currency in the Dark City. I can see many transactions being resolved with bartering and exchange of goods/favours. Hence the value of a slave might depend on the need and whims of the buyer, on his tastes, so to speak.
I think it is safe to assume that the Dark City has a currency.

Tastes definitely play into the market, but their tend to be trends in tastes that account for market values. There is a reason that some wines cost more than others.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'd say the value of slaves is determined by self interest and pacts, Say for example a High level DE has in interest in three breasted females, a low level DE might have a special way of getting a good supply of them.

Instead of just paying the low level DE would demand something that serves their self interest.

At least that's the understanding I got from the path of the DE books.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think it is safe to assume that the Dark City has a currency.
never in a book DE are seen using currency, not even mentioned... :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Souls and suffering is the currency in commoragh. A reward for a capable minion might be a favor, or simply to be allowed to attend a particularilly gruesome torture to refill his own empty soul.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Souls and suffering is the currency in commoragh
exactly. bartering. I think it's impossible to have a fixed market price for things like pain, pleasure and suffering...or souls. every arrangement should be treated singularly between the parts. Exchange of favours, as said. "Do ut des" :grin:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well I recall from shadow point, that the druchii lord was gleefully mentioning to his farseer captive that he would enjoy dragging him to commoragh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts