Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Supplements! Take them for what you will, we'll surely be seeing more than just the Eldar one. What faction would you like to see highlighted with a little fluff love and slight FoC/rules twists? We have 16 codices and there are some obvious options, but what about the stuff we haven't heard of yet? This is a list of titles I've seen bandied about. In no way is this a rumour thread, I just think we need a place where we can rattle off about what should happen as opposed to blowing out every new supplement rumour thread with talk of 'who deserves it more'.

SM: Salamanders, White Scars, Ultramarines, Ravenguard... basically every chapter ever created I'm sure someone will want
BA: Flesh Tearers
SW: 13th company
BT: ???
Tau: Farsight, Kroot
Tyranids: Genestealer Cult
IG: Catachans, Elysians, Tanith, Voystrians, Tallarn, Renegades
SoB: ???
GK: Deathwatch, Exorcists
Orks: Speed Kult, Freebooterz, Feral Orks, Klans
Eldar: Iyanden, Harlequin
DE: ???
Necrons: Flayed One specific list (?)
DA: ...do they need more than they have? Apparently yes. Fallen!
Daemons: Mono-God
CSM: Legions covered: Night Lords, Iron Warriors, T-Sons, Word Bearers

What do you want to see, Heresy? What would the supplement involve?

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
SM: Salamanders, White Scars, Ultramarines, basically every chapter ever created I'm sure someone will want
BA: Flesh Tearers YES!
BT: ???
IG: Catachans, ???
SoB: ???
GK: ???
Orks: Speed Kult, ??
Eldar: Inyanden (spelling..)
DE: ???
DA: ...do they need more than they have? Fallen
Daemons: ??
CSM: Almost as much to list as SM Legions, its about time GW stopped tip toeing round the issue and just got on with what everyone wants

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Like the look of your list there most of it sounds good but a whole lot more money which i will not spend on this extra useless crap, well useless to most of us apart from those who would like to see this stuff.

As to what I would like to see both Gene stealer cults and maybe a bad moons expansion but that would also annoy me i think near forcing me to play DA GOLDEN WAAAGH.

That is all

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
List updated. Keep it coming!

EDIT: as a bonus, describe what you would like to see if your favourite faction's supplement. What changes would you add in or hope for?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Looks like a very good list! Let's add in:

- Mono-god supplements for Daemons
- Death Korps/Elysians for IG (or should they stay Forge World?)
- Night Lords/Iron Warriors for CSM

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zion posted a thread link to the FW 6th edition update to the Death Korps (of Krieg?) list. They're covered as far as I know!

DA: ...do they need more than they have? Fallen
...Wouldn't they kinda be under the CSM side of things? Not that I don't want Cypher back. That dude is bad ass.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'd love to see a "Regiments" or Doctrines suppliment for the Guard to allow you to take the likes of the Tanith, Vostreyans, Tallarn etc like in the 4th edition IG Dex.

And yes Legions. Fucking hell how much longer will that take!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be pretty bad ass to get some Tanith 1st and Only going on. I feel like the closest we came to that before was Col. Shaeffer's Last Chancers, but that was a real different feel. I also don't know how to spell the Col.'s name.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
For Grey Knights I'd like to see Ordo and campaign focused supplements.

Deathwatch would be my number one for sure. I'd also like to see Sisters in there as well.

Then things like Armageddon where we get to include, IG or SW (shudder) units as part of our standard FoC.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Flogging my dead horse, Where is my Harlequin supplement/mini-dex/etc. They were one of the original factions in the game and could be run as a separate army until 3 ed and even had a "beta" 3 ed list.

Venom transports, melee oriented bikers, units of Death Jesters, a real stand alone psyker again, etc.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
CSM: LEGIONS - Really I only want Thousand sons and Word Bearers, but I think others may like the other legions, the dark gods only know why

Guard - Renegades and DKoK

Tau - Farsight - Rumours support this

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Salamanders, White Scars, Ultramarines, Ravenguard... basically every chapter ever created I'm sure someone will want
Already available through Special Characters, the rules for which are free in the Codex.

BA: Flesh Tearers
Already available in the Blood Angels book.

How many people would honestly play a Kroot army?

IG: Catachans, Elysians, Tanith, Voystrians, Tallarn
Almost all already available in the Codex. Elysians are the only ones with a radically different combat doctrine, so they could get a supplement. The others are in Codex: Imperial Guard.

Orks: Speed Kult, Freebooterz, Feral Orks
Kult of Speed are already in the Codex, Freebooterz are barely different to normal Orks in their armies, Feral Orks could get a supplement.

Eldar: Iyanden
Despite it already being a supplement, I disagree with it.

DA: ...do they need more than they have? Apparently yes. Fallen!
That's just a CSM list. DA have insane troop unlocks for 3 armies in 1 Codex, so they need no supplement.

Daemons: Mono-God
Already in the Codex.

CSM: Legions covered: Night Lords, Iron Warriors
Just make each Legion an upgrade for the Chaos Lord that gives him a Warlord Trait, an Unlock, and an army bonus.

So, we're left with:

Feral Orks
All the others are already available in the Codexes.

I would much rather see these alternative armies as options in HQ. Feral Orks are unlocked by upgrading your Warboss to a Feral Ork Warboss, or Night Lords by upgrading your Lord to a Raptor Lord, rather then hellishly expensive books with minimal content.

Midnight

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Despite it already being a supplement, I disagree with it.
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Maybe we could keep this to what you want to see, not what you're pissed off that GW came up with? GW pisses us all off for a myriad of reasons. Besides, you never know what might pop up when these armies get their 6th ed. 'dex. Some of those builds that are available now might have to be achieved through supplements. I mean...how else does GW expect us to buy into any of this crap?

The list has been updated!

Magpie, I'm not very familiar with GK stuff and really only added Deathwatch to the GK thing. Not sure how to de-encrypt (I know there's a better word for this...) your message :scratchhead:

·
Registered
0 Posts
While they are available in the codex, I would love to see expanded rules for all the Eldar armies, much like the old Craftworld codex. Exodites would be interesting as well.

I love the idea of supplements but they need a better execution.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Maybe we could keep this to what you want to see, not what you're pissed off that GW came up with? GW pisses us all off for a myriad of reasons. Besides, you never know what might pop up when these armies get their 6th ed. 'dex. Some of those builds that are available now might have to be achieved through supplements. I mean...how else does GW expect us to buy into any of this crap?
Why do they have to be achieved through overpriced junk supplements? What I'd like to see is the back of supplements.

I love the idea of supplements but they need a better execution.
Precisely. And in my opinion, the better execution in question is FOC swaps. It worked perfectly well in 5th, it's working for Dark Angels, it's working for Chaos Space Marines, so it'll work for everyone else.

Midnight

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why do they have to be achieved through overpriced junk supplements? What I'd like to see is the back of supplements.
They don't have to be achieved, but you don't know what rules might change what what might not be available in a new codex. I'm not saying it will happen, only that it may. Maybe the only way to field a bike-as-troops army will be to use the White Scars supplement? Who knows. Hopefully not.

FoC swaps are a great idea for these. I haven't been able to read through the Iyanden one, but it sounds as if that is happening in some way there. It totally makes the DA codex quite varied, and would be just the right push in one direction or another for fluff purposes I'm sure as we see with Sammael and the Ravenwing or Belial and the Deathwing.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Maybe the only way to field a bike-as-troops army will be to use the White Scars supplement? Who knows. Hopefully not.
Honestly, with the FOC swaps available in pretty much every book so far (I think Tau are the only ones without one in 6th), I think this is pretty unlikely. TBH, I still don't know what the Iyanden supplement adds to the Eldar army. A new Warlord table and some wargear, or something?

Midnight

1 - 20 of 32 Posts