Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hella Heresy! I have no clue when the next battle is gunna B:crazy::headbutt:, but I want to try out 180 Boyz and 9 Killa Kanz, but at the same time, I'm going to need some decent cover to to hands with the foe.

Here's the list:

HQ:

Big Mek, Kustom Force Field, Bosspole

Troops:

Boyz x29, Nob, Big Choppa

Boyz x29, Nob, Big Choppa

Boyz x29, Nob, Power Klaw

Heavy Support:

Killa Kanz x3, Big Shoota x3

Total: 1700 points

So... as you can see, I'm going to rush like hell on a stick to get to hands with my foe, but unfortunately, I don't have enough cover. I was trying to fit in another Big Mek, but I simply cannot free up the points!:ireful2:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
DH

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
you dont need any help i doubt your opponent will kill more than 50 boys before they wipe up watever he got in close combat UNLESS he has template weapons use the kanz to shoot them down and then swamp he wont be able to focus enough fire to kill 1 squad a turn

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I thought the same, because the Killa Kanz will be targeted first, while at the same time providing cover to the boyz behind them. But I was considering limiting the number of Boyz to 150 in order to take a second Big Mek w/Kustom Forcefield and replace the first 2 squads' Big Choppas with Power Klaws, but then it won't look as nice on the table :(

·
4,491 Posts
Drop one of the units of Boyz.
Use the points for the following...

- Bring the 5 remaining units of Boyz up to 30 models.
- Give your Nobz a Bosspole each.
- Make sure all of your Nobz have Power Klaws.
- Upgrade the Big Shootas on the Killa Kans to Rokkit Launchas.
- If your Boyz are Shoota Boyz, give each unit 3 Big Shootas.
- Spend remaining points on a small unit of Lootas.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
- Bring the 5 remaining units of Boyz up to 30 models.
They are, that's 29 Boyz + the Nob
- Give your Nobz a Bosspole each.
Check
- Make sure all of your Nobz have Power Klaws.
Check
- Upgrade the Big Shootas on the Killa Kans to Rokkit Launchas.
I don't plan to make them shoot; I plan to run them
- If your Boyz are Shoota Boyz, give each unit 3 Big Shootas.
They are not Shoota Boyz, because I don't plan to make them shoot
- Spend remaining points on a small unit of Lootas.
Do you really think I need more Anti-Tank?

filling up space to a minimum of 10 characters...:grin:

·
4,491 Posts
Yes, i do think you need more anti-tank.
What happens when you come up against an army with fast mobile vehicles?
Eldar Waveserpents
Dark Eldar Raiders/Ravegers
BA Razorbacks
etc etc

You are running a big risk having ALL of your anti-tank as close combat. The Green Tide / Kan Wall army is lacking in mobility. While the run/waaagh helps, you will still struggle against high-mobility armies that can dish out a lot of firepower on the move.

Even if you do manage to catch them, your going to assault and maybe blow up a Rhino.
The opponent then bails out of the vehicle and rapid fires on you, or else charges you to deny your S4.
Either way, its going to give them a better chance in close combat, and will also keep them alive for a whole extra turn.
On the other hand, you can blow up the Rhino with Lootas, assault them, and wipe them out in 1 turn before they even realize what happened.

But at the end of the day, its up to you what you want to run.
If you would enjoy the game more without the ranged anti-tank, then thats how you should play it. :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, you've managed to convince me. I mainly take slugga Boyz because I like their look alot more, but where I go, I doubt my opponents will mind. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ah wunderbar! I think I may need the extra cc attacks, so I will stick to Slugga Boyz. I'm making the list as we speak, so the Kanz are getting their Rokkit Launchas, but there is no room left for Lootas. I'll update my list shortly.

Btw... how many battles have you played/won with Orks?

Ooooooooooookay, here's the new list:

HQ:

Big Mek, Kustom Force Field

Troops:

Boyz x29, Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole

Heavy Support:

Killa Kanz x3, Rokkit Launcha x3

Total: 1635 points

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Played well over 100, would be close to 200.
Won at least 90% of them, against extremely good opponents too.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

Your Nobz still need Bosspoles too.
Sorry, forgot to write that! They do have it though.

So what Footslogger list do you use alot? Oh, and have some rep for your very generous help!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah yes, the beloved Speed Freaks... I gave them a run also, just to realize I didn't bring enough Trukks. Got a draw. Won't make that mistake again.....

Okay, so I'll back up my boyz with Lootas. Very good!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
The Nobs do still need boss poles.

The trick to running the green tide is making sure the kans don't get in the way of the boyz. Since you will want to run the boys every turn that they aren't in combat, the kans can get in the way since they can't run. If you run the boyz every turn you can they will be all over the enemy in a few turns.
Don't worry about fast mobile armies because if you swamp the whole board with boyz where are they going to run?

·
4,491 Posts
The Nobs do still need boss poles.

The trick to running the green tide is making sure the kans don't get in the way of the boyz. Since you will want to run the boys every turn that they aren't in combat, the kans can get in the way since they can't run. If you run the boyz every turn you can they will be all over the enemy in a few turns.
Don't worry about fast mobile armies because if you swamp the whole board with boyz where are they going to run?
Where does it say that Kanz cant run?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts