Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I got ahold of an old Giant I am painting up for my Orc and goblin army and I am having a little difficulty trying to come up with a hair color for the giant as I dont want it to blend to much with the other colors. The head is of course not attached and sitting at the base of the model, however the black paint at the top around his neck area is the hair based colored black at the moment. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks!

FYI: The tree and roots are not finished yet and I still have his other arm yet to do, plus a few other minor details.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I would go with either a dark brown hair color or even black hair to keep it from blending in. I think as long as you stay away from the lite hair colors you will be fine. Especially since the colors around the head will be fairly lite in color so something dark will contrast.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try the black hair with maybe some grey highlights. Hopefully I finish it tonight (the head) and I will post an update for you guys. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys,

I finished the Giant today and figured I would post a couple pics of him byhimself, with some trolls, and next to Skarsnik and his gobos. Waiting for my new supply of basing material to come in the mail to add the final touch. Im thinking of making the base detail look like he ripped the tree form the ground.

CC's would be great! Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts