Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, i have been playing Warhammer almost a year now, and about two months ago I Decided (To my wallets dismay) Let's start a new army. So I chose Imperial Guard, I currently have:
The 6th Ed Codex
1x Company Command Squad
1x Squad of Guardsmen
1x Squad of Kasrkin (Which I have been using as Vets)
1x Chimera
1x Leman Russ (standard, lascannon heavy bolter sponsons)
(The Chimera and Leman Russ were sold to me 10$ each and the Kasrkin were given to me for free by a space wolf player)

So I was wondering what should I buy next to build my army?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
it depends on what you like.
Air cavalry?
Thundering armoured company?
infantry horde?
mixed arms?
guerrilla style army?

also, you want to be competitive or friendly? or maybe you have a background for your army. answer this and i'll help :p

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
First off you should get the 7th Edition Codex ASAP. There are quite a few changes that have affected us IG players and as such you should be aware of what the new rules are and how they affect your builds.

That being said welcome fellow IG convert.......:biggrin: Another glorious soul of the Emporer; suck it Astartes. :p

As neferhet pointed out you need to decide what your base tactic is going to be. For example you can Horde, which means you want a ton of Guardsmen loaded with Power Fists and Heavy Weapons. If your a Mechanized or Armor player than buy LR; and trust me the more LR the better. For Air Cav you can always take Valkyries.

Guard, or the "Astra Militarum" as it is now called, is probably the most diversified Army you can get. Just do some reading, learn your approach well, and you will crush your enemies underfoot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts