Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my mate is doing a small tourney in couple of days and so I decided to cheese it up abit since I definately wouldnt mind doing well in it:

HQ

1x Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Lash of Submission

1x Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Lash of Submission

Yes, I know, dual lash.. but hey, its one of the very few competetive builds available to CSM these day

TROOPS

7x Plague Marines, 2x Melta guns, Rhino

7x Plague Marines, 2x Melta guns, Rhino

7x Plague Marines, 1x Melta guns, Rhino

8x Khorne Bezerkers, Rhino

Nothing new there, just good ol' cult troops

HEAVY SUPPORT

3x Obliterators

3x Obliterators

1x Defiler, 2x CCW

I figured a combination of obliterators and a defiler would make a fantastic use of dual lash combo, plus giving the opponent multiple units to choose from, each equally dangerous. That way he would have to make a tough choice between the princes, obliterators, defiler or the 4 rhinos carrying death

OPTION 2:

Basically the same as the first one, except:

Both 1 obliterator and the defiler are gone, and replaced with another (4th) squad of plague marines with 2 melta guns and a rhino, (3rd plague marine squad also gets one of their meltas back).

The reasoning behind this change is that defilers are a bit squishy, with things like lances and what not popping them open rather easily.. Plague marines in a rhino would survive longer and help with the objective capture (the tourney is going to be objectives)

ARMIES I KNOW I WILL FACE:

Dark Eldar (Raider Rush most likely)
Tau (Mech with broadsides)
Tyranids
Orks (Mech most likely)
IG (Mech)
Daemons

ARMIES I MIGHT BE FACING (Depending on which one they will choose):

Eldar (Seer Council most likely)
Another CSM (Maybe Tzeentch, maybe a combo)
World Eaters
Space Wolves (2 Raiders, with razorbacks likely)
Blood Angels
Grey Knights
Black Templars

Any and all criticism/suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty standar Lash list. nothing wrong with dual Lash, but i don't agree that it's one of the few competive builds out there.

Lash could struggle against mech Eldar or IG, for one.

if you don't want the Defiler, why not a Vindie? that makes for sense with what you have going, or even more Oblits? that way you can spam plasma cannnon shots on any Lashed unit.

good hunting.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hmmmm. Yep. Just what Malaclypse has said.

Looks like a very cookie cutter Lash list to me, it's either plague marines or noise marines. I'd go with the Oblit spam instead of the defiler. Just the one vehicle is going to get popped every game.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No one's scared of a single STR8 blast template these days. I'd add in a third oblits squad. to replace the defiler. The berzerkers could use a champ w/ a pw or pf as well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
HQ
DP-wings,MoS,LoS=155
DP-wings,MoS,LoS=155

Troops
7xPlague Marines-2xmelta gun,champ w/power fist,rhino=256
7xPlague Marines-2xflamer,champ w/power fist, rhino=246

Heavy Support
3xobliterator=225
3xobliterator=225
3xobliterator=225
How about it? I'm yet to try out lash princes yet, I normally use tzeentch princes with warptime or nurgle princes with warptime (my current flavour)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, with the nurgle marines and slaanesh princes, its no good for fluff but lash is just too good to pass up.

the list posted above is quite delicious since youll be dropping up to NINE plasmacannons, NINE lascannons, NINE multimeltas, NINE twinlinked plas/melta, and if they get close smack them with NINE flamers.

defilers are nice but should be taken in pairs (or more) since they aren't very tough and are a nice fat target (a easy to kill one at that) and for 150 points you could get two str 7 ap 2 templates or two lascannons as well as FOUR 2+ 5+ saves instead of a single armor 12 wound.

oblits > defilers unless your taking more

best way to go is plaguemarines with meltas or plasmas, lash princes, and 6-9 oblits (three squads of 2 has 1/3 the survivability of two squads of 3.

·
4,491 Posts
HQ
DP-wings,MoS,LoS=155
DP-wings,MoS,LoS=155

Troops
7xPlague Marines-2xflamer,champ w/power fist, rhino=246

Heavy Support
3xobliterator=225
3xobliterator=225
3xobliterator=225
How about it? I'm yet to try out lash princes yet, I normally use tzeentch princes with warptime or nurgle princes with warptime (my current flavour)
Typical cookie-cutter list that will make the game miserable for your opponent. People will hate you for this list and tell you that you take all the fun out of the game to win at all costs.
I like it!:biggrin::laugh:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Nice list, But would you consider a triple Vindicator list? XD

- One match, replace the oblits with Vindicators, not saying perm, it's so much fun.

And cheese, LOL! I've had that before, I ran a cookie cutter list with 3 vindicators, and this guy was like OMG your such a typical tourni-player :(

yeah people hate these lists, but theyre kinda funny.

Bucketwalrus, Yeah i've seen 3x 3 Oblits played before, it was seriously doing the other guy in. 9 Las-shots was really a pain for this guy. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the tourney kinda went to nothing, once one of the players (Blood Angels) had to drop out half way through due to illness.. So unofficial result = 3rd place..

Defiler performed well against IG (lost the battlecannon, but CCed and smashed some tanks apart) and Necrons (killed the Necron Destroyer lord in close combat, then very slowly demolished the scarab swarm retinue)..

2 losses came at the hands of Dark Eldar 12 Raider Rush (an army I am yet to beat) and a f*load of footslogging orks (mainly due to having my initiative seized and losing my Defiler and a DP in the first turn..)

Star units: Obliterators, Plague Marines (one unit bottlenecked like 30 ork boyz in CC for the entire game..

Replacing the Defiler for more Obliterators would have definitely been a wise choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts