Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy asked me to post this.

If an Ethereal Joins a unit of Kroot, RAW, do the Kroot (but not hte ethereal) still get +1 to cover saves from fieldcraft?

My answer to him was "Why are you playing that broke down army?" But that wasn't the answer he was looking for.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Yes. It isn't Stealth (which doesn't even have the "*" anyway) so it is not lost.

Ethereals are a bad idea though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he's wanting to run a full size Kroot squad. You know the 3 billion kroot, 2 billion hounds, and 1 billion krootox? And led by an etherial so they have leadership 10.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
im doin it so i have a unit i can sit on my objective so that i can go to ground and have it never break...
problem is your sticking a character who has "shoot me" written on his head into a large unit with "shoot us" written on there beaks, the 2 combined will equal a unit that gets the ethereal killed and your army breaking.

ethereals are just models you paint for the hell of it, but you never actually use them, not in friendly dick about games, not in serious games, not in anything.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in his defense, a 2+ cover save and decent close combat ability with a 10 leadership is pretty good. As long as there aren't any template weapons, that is.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
in his defense, a 2+ cover save and decent close combat ability with a 10 leadership is pretty good. As long as there aren't any template weapons, that is.
And no armour, no invunralbe save and poor Inistatve means i cna just pick him out oif combat and all not Froots, Vispids and Drones are sent running. A waste of 50pts.
The ONLY use i have for a Etheral is the "Broadside Baricade" which is the following;
3 Broadsides w/ Drone Controllers(2 shield drones each), HW-Target lock, Shas'rve(or team leader)
Etherel

Total - 365(360)pts
Dame near impossible to shift that unit and you cna add in even more drones if you wish to the Etherel but he's only there to make them fearless and not having 300pts worth of modals runnign away becuase you shoot down 2 shield drones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts