lascannon + heavy flamer sponson
heavy stubber (BEWARE!!!)
(595)

-Knight Detachment-
2 Knight Errant
1 Knight Paladin
(1115)

TOTAL: 2000

A token hq, two token but tactically useful troops and 3 motherfucking Knights alongside a fatherraping Hellhammer. Inexistant antiair defense, but everithing else covered. You lose turn one VS a serious alpha strike list or flying circus, but could otherwise be fun or even good??

Sorry for my madness...

Another variation:

Biker Captain
Shield Eternal
Power Axe
Meltabombs
(180)

5 Bikers
2 meltaguns
meltabombs
(130)

5 Sniper scouts
(60)

10 Tacticals
2 gravguns
1 combigrav
Drop Pod
(215)

3 Predators
Heavy bolter sponsons
storm bolter
(300)

-Knight Detachment-
2 Knight Errant
1 Knight Paladin
(1115)

This list i lke more because it doesnt even allow your opponent to get victory points from LoW hull points removal. It has 2 melta pieplate, 2 battlecannon pieplate, a shitload of dakka, 3 scoring units, each of those tactically flexible and viable.
I say that this list could go with Iron Hands chapter tactics for resilinet bikers and "immortal" predators.
Now i return to the shadows and slowly turn into a spawn...

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the first list is actually illegal; I believe you need a primary detachment of guard to take the hellhammer.

As for list two, it looks alright but since knights can't do anything against air why not focus the rest of the army for that? Build the rest of your force to make up for the knights weaknesses.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
As darkreever said, the first list is illegal.

The Knights don't really synergize - they're the only thing you're really pushing into the midfield, except some Bikers who are not operating in the same role. You have your three melee units, but no other midfield saturation to protect their vulnerabilities.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah, you guys actually took me seriously :D
dang, i didn't noticed the "imperial guard only" thing on the hellhammer...
About the second list i could remove the bikers, a predator, the captain and add:
5 scout, aegis defence + quadgun, 5 tacticals w/missile launcher +flak, 10 scouts w/ccw, meltabombs, terminator librarian to buff the cc scouts. any other point left to boost 5 man scout squad...

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Still not really a midfield push. I'd probably want to bring either all Knights with a Stormwing Formation as air support, or bring Dark Angels so you can Deathwing Assault and put more pressure on.

Without any gameplay experience of the Knights themselves, but with experience of similar lists (bring melee walkers/monsters, walk up the field, throw them at people and hope you do good), I'd say that Knights need to be brought in a list that's really piling on the pressure from turn 1. Dark Angels seem like a really good army to do this with, as a 95pt Librarian can give them Twin-Linked and a 4++ all over while their Deathwing can pressure anywhere on the first turn and the Ravenwing elements can pull early threat if you bring a bunch of them - Scouts helps a hell of a lot in this, as you can get right into the enemy on the first turn.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still not really a midfield push. I'd probably want to bring either all Knights with a Stormwing Formation as air support, or bring Dark Angels so you can Deathwing Assault and put more pressure on.

Without any gameplay experience of the Knights themselves, but with experience of similar lists (bring melee walkers/monsters, walk up the field, throw them at people and hope you do good), I'd say that Knights need to be brought in a list that's really piling on the pressure from turn 1. Dark Angels seem like a really good army to do this with, as a 95pt Librarian can give them Twin-Linked and a 4++ all over while their Deathwing can pressure anywhere on the first turn and the Ravenwing elements can pull early threat if you bring a bunch of them - Scouts helps a hell of a lot in this, as you can get right into the enemy on the first turn.
interesting...i should think about this. Also white scars could be viable, then?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 Knights, a Stormwing Formation, and Legion of the Damned primary detachment to score...
Well, epic:

7 Legionnaires (sarge as warlord)
1 heavy flamer
1 flamer
1 combiflamer
(200)

5 legionnaires
flamer
(130)

5 legionnaires
heavy flamer
(135)

1 Stormraven Gunship
TL Lascannon
TL multimelta

2 Stormtalon
(420)

2 Knights Errant
1 Knight Paladin
(1115)

-2000 pts-and wallet crying.

Still have to figure out a ravenwing list :p

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Well, epic:

7 Legionnaires (sarge as warlord)
1 heavy flamer
1 flamer
1 combiflamer
(200)

5 legionnaires
flamer
(130)

5 legionnaires
heavy flamer
(135)

1 Stormraven Gunship
TL Lascannon
TL multimelta

2 Stormtalon
(420)

2 Knights Errant
1 Knight Paladin
(1115)

-2000 pts-and wallet crying.

Still have to figure out a ravenwing list :p
Why flamers? Everything already has ignore cover....

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flamers are great for getting more dice rolling at close range as well as providing more reliable Overwatch.
exactly. a bolter is maxim 2 shots. flamers are way more punishing. also, i love to put templates on the board.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I absoluely love the flamer RAS I use in my BA army. 4 flame templates from one squad is punishing sometimes (two flamers and two hand flamers).

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm buying an entire Apocalypse army for like $1800.00 before super heavy units my wallet knows how you feel nothing but bikes and land speeders in it is so dumb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts