Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
niiice, good to see your doing something mate!

idea looks good i personally would go with the eye shoulder pads, and the different spear heads would help make the oblitoraters have some individuality (in an already awesome unit). cant wait to see more! ill see if i can +rep

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks for the advice guys. Think I will do a mixture of hings for the shoulder pads and will defs try make the obliterator/sorcerer poses as dynamic as possible.

For the board I am thinking something along the lines of this:

The first is a ruined cathedral type thing with a broken sewage pipe or similar and waste trickling out and along the board and some tank traps. The second is an egyptian style ruin etc.

I am definitely not set on either of these, as much input as you can give with these ones!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I like both of the diorama ideas, but I think the 1st one fits the theme and feel of 40k a bit better. That being said there is a bit more room for models on the second one what with the large open space to the right of the 'temple' and this may be more advantageous to you in the end. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but each for different reasons.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Been a while.. haven't had much free time, whipped up a couple new models though, not much painting done.. I am starting a new project log for the armies on parade thing but got a new WIP model to show you here.

Basically I have been doing a little greenstuff work, following some of Svartmetall's nurgle 101 tutorial for the stomach/entrails and replacing the upper part of the leg. I got that far and then didn't know where to go so search around the ent for a while and saw this:

not my own work^ belongs to someone els, check the page here----> http://www.coolminiornot.com/253451

It is apparently a "plague doctor". I thought it was pretty damn cool so decided to do something reasonably similar.

I removed the foot and added a hoof, the backpack/canisters are spare pieces and some sprue. The greenstuff on part of the backpack is going to be made into vents like on the typhus model. Model is still WIP so tell me what you think is good and what should be improved or added!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I also really like the hoof, and I am going to echo Dave about the entrails. They look a little too small. Other than that It is an ace looking conversion.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You definitely have a knack for conversions.

You take on some very ambitious projects.

Definitely earned some rep.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Thanks for the comments!

I will bare the advice about the entrails needing to be a bit thicker in mind in future!

Didn't have anywhere to put it but here is a completely non-chaos model, quite the opposite in fact. Been painting this Kasarkin Seargeant and wanted some feedback and advice about painting red?? This is also the first time I have attempted to paint human flesh, I decided to follow the painting faces masterclass on the gw website to an extent, think the layers I didn't water my paints down enough cos I lost too much detail around the eyes to paint them properly....

It isn't finished so any tips would be appreciated before it is too late!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts