Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
update

not updated for quite some time, had exams then went on holiday! But back now and done a bit of painting. Unfortunately I am struggling to get the light right for the photos atm but here is what i got:

first off is the daemon prince, painted the eye, and couple bits of detail, what you guys think??

Next is my chosen csm, there will be 4 with meltaguns but only painted 2 so far. painting them in the same style as the wraithlord uses on his thousand sons (truely awesome). Given them an icon of slaanesh for that extra point of initiative when gaming!

And lastly, here are some of the plague marines i have been working on, didn't really want to go with the standard green marines so i painted them similarly to my obliterators.

constructive criticism welcome :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
i dig most of the models in here :) my only issues at the moment is the eye on your DP... its freakin me out! its a mix of cartoony and "i just shat my pants in fear" love the detail on it though!

seriously though, i really like the metalic blue :) i always loved the way wraith's Tsons looked...

your land raider is a WIP but it seemed to be slowly creeping from loyalist to plague infected thing of doom

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
thanks, i was pretty pleased with the eye myself!

Long time since I last updated. I finished the plague marines but haven't got round to getting pictures of them. But in the mean time here is a nurgle sorcerer i made! I followed one of svartmetal's tutorials for the leg and i just did my own thing for the cape and fur pelt sort of thing. I'm not sure about the hand that I made to hold the "crystal ball" sort of thing but my sculpting skills are still pretty basic. The idea was that the sorcerer is quite a new convert to chaos so he isn't overly nurgle infested yet but still has a bit of battle damage etc. I am looking forward to painting the battle damage as it isn't something i have done before!

comment and constructive criticism welcome as usual :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks pretty good mate, i still think the cape could do with being a little wider, buut im not sure how you'd do it, some more rep!

/ need to spread it more apparently haha

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
I'm not sure about the hand that I made to hold the "crystal ball" sort of thing but my sculpting skills are still pretty basic.
I looked at the pretty pictures before I read the text, and did not notice any issues with the hand; once it is painted I do not think any slight imperfections will be noticeable at all.

If they are, remember Nurgle likes wonky fingers :)

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Quick WIP of the sorcerer. don't know what to do with the sword... what you all think so far?

I am very impressed by the sphere he is holding; very swirly.

Given the palette of the rest of the model I would be tempted by a dark rust for the blade: Tin Bitz base, overbrush with Boltgun Metal, wash with Devlan Mud, wash in patches with a dark orange, stipple over some patches of the darked orange with brighter orange, drybrush with Boltgun Metal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
First update in over a month i think, school and university applications etc are taking up so much of my time it is hard to fit much in! i have made a start on some of my battleforce, here is a quick WIP pic of my rhino, need to do tracks, exhausts etc still obvs. Going to attempt some freehand and add some battle damage when i get my hands on some black paint (a very annoying colour to lack when painting a model you have undercoated white as you probably all know!).

Still struggling to take good photos but after reading a couple of guides online and fashioning a "lightbox" (if i can call it that...), I think i am getting there.

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
your stuff is truly inspiring i am very jealous that this is your level of ability after such a long break, your stuff will continue to improve

the way you greenstuffed the fur is really cool how did you go about it?

and the swirls on the ball are really really cool... your stuff looks grotesque but not like crappy.. like.. it looks almost real :p

good work +rep from me

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Just went through your thread here Stuff and I am really impressed. The sorcerer from the cypher model is really neat, the nurgle DP and sorcerer are coming along very nicely, and I am absolutely in love with that Rhino! Excellent job on that one mate! +rep.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Firstly, cheers for all the comments people!

@ Khorne's fist: not finished him yet, painted the sword though, couple of pics just coming ;)

@ Azwraith: Thanks for the compliments!! The fur was quite tedious, i just made little blobs ans stuck them on one by one (only like an hour of my life gone.......).

@ Midge: cheers for the compliments also! hoping to base the DP soon, and finish the rhino too, so please take a look when i post some pics of them :D

Right! here is what i did with the sword:
-painted it mithril silver
-couple of heavy washes of devlan mud and ogryn flesh
-drybrush some red gore mixed with blazing orange
-lighter drybrush with pure blazing orange
-edges are some scrapes with mithril silver
check it out!!!

Looks pretty good from a distance, closer you get, the better an idea of my painting skills you get haha

What you guys think?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Fantastic conversion work! +rep! if your still looking for magnets, then this http://www.powermagnetstore.com/acatalog/copy_of_Disc_Magnets.html is a fantastic site to get them from, the actuall magnetizing part is simple, you need to drill teeny tiny holes in the two parts your magnetizing, and super glue the magnets in place, make sure you get opposite poles though, as it's pretty much impossible to get the magnets back out again *has flashback of wasted predator sponsons* :mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Been a while again... life is constantly busy right now! but hopefully will die down for a while as my university application was successful so I don't have to worry about that anymore!

So, to go with my nurgle sorcerer and recently painted rhino, i have started making a unit of nurgle marines. The idea is that they also have only recently joined the chaos gods so have not been hugely mutated or become particularly pestilent yet. I have given some of them bloated bellies and one of them has a possessed marines leg.

And here is a tzeentch sorcerer I modeled the other day. His hand is from the sanguinary guard kit and the power weapon is from the assault marines kit (both kindly donated by a friend). For the backpack i used the gargoyle sort of things from the chaos vehicle sprue. The pictures still aren't great.. I just can't get the lighting right.. any suggestions?!?

So what do you think?

I am starting to paint the warhammer fantasy Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount because i think it is a really cool model and i would quite like to paint something slightly different do give me a break, so will be posting some WIPs of that here too.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This is truly amazing. Considering you just started working with Green Stuff and your painting skills were not great not that long ago, I can only congratulate you for the results you managed to get on the DP and Nurgle Sorceror. They are just awesome!!!

You just made me want to work on my Iron Warriors again because they aren't painted well enough! Have some +rep! (sry, I sent you some rep when I started reading, and now I want to send you even more but I can't :( )

41 - 60 of 94 Posts