Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's it for me for today, my first time trying to keep the site updated on the goings on

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Understandable. It looks almost twice the size of a contemptor.

Anyone know who these Blackshields are?
Google the Blackshields, they are marines seeking redemption through service to the death watch, they obscure their chapter icon and sever all ties to the chapter, kind of a dwarf slayer thing going on

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
New Wraithknigths and Eldar Jetbikes too from the looks of it. Because we needed more of those around.
These are MOSTLY Corsair-based. The new Corsair Jetbikes are 20 points each, with rules I don't know because I don't play Corsairs, and not only to they have the standard Scatter and Shuricannon options, but also Dark Lances, Splinter Cannons, and Resonance Cannons (sonic weapons).

The new WK is a little over 300 points and comes with 2 arm weapons stock, either a new WraithKnight-sized Monofilament weapon, or some sort of 'Inferno Lance'. It has the option to trade one out for the Shimmer Shield, AND it has access to its own Webway portal, so it can give up its jump move to basiclaly deep strike across the board.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
they are marines seeking redemption through service to the death watch,
There's no Deathwatch yet though, so why are they in a HH book? I'm going to assume the principle is the same though, loyalists from the traitor legions, not quite good enough to become knight errants, but willing to make amends any way they can.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
There's no Deathwatch yet though, so why are they in a HH book? I'm going to assume the principle is the same though, loyalists from the traitor legions, not quite good enough to become knight errants, but willing to make amends any way they can.
The Knights Errant are going to be in this book also, which is, according to the rumors and stories, the fore-fathers of the Grey Knights. The Sisters of Silence aren't due to arrive until the NEXT book, Prospero, and they eventually become the Sororitas. So it stands to reason that this might be the start of the Deathwatch, in its pre-heresy version.

I don't recall it ever showing in any of the novels to date yet.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Nope, they don't. There is absolutely no connection between the SoS and SoB.
Except that the SoB were, before the rewrite to the Ecclisarchy, always the 'Witch Hunters'... ie, the Psykers.

And actually, I believe it was at the end of Flight of the Eisenstein, that they mention that Garro might become the first of a new breed to fight demons, and there is one Sister there at the time, and they suggest she might be towards hunting the witch.

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Yeah that makes more sense, they are both listed separately on the pic of the contents page

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Except that the SoB were, before the rewrite to the Ecclisarchy, always the 'Witch Hunters'... ie, the Psykers.

And actually, I believe it was at the end of Flight of the Eisenstein, that they mention that Garro might become the first of a new breed to fight demons, and there is one Sister there at the time, and they suggest she might be towards hunting the witch.
Mate, this isn't the fluff forum, so I'm not going to argue it here. Just look up Goge Vandire and the Age of Apostasy. That'll explain where the SoB come from.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wtf.

Im never getting RG models at this rate, 17 new dreds, 34 knights, 4 epic books, still no corax; maddening. Screw priceless.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts