Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at my eldar and i was thinking about a funny army idea. what if....

You used for an HQ an autarch with hawk wings

for elites you used all squads of scorpions with the exarch with claw and shadowstrike

used pathfinders for troops

used a squad of hawks (sky leap) and spiders for fast attack

and for heavy support used two fire prisms

maybe with some variations, but how do you think thatd go?

a lot of annoying snipers pinning and annoying the enemy as the scorpions move in for the kill with the hawks dropping bombs everry once in a while with the tanks not coming up too far behind with the autarch on his way.

i think it would be annoying too play against, buit oh so fun to play :)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Scorpians are pretty good as protectors for pathfinders so why not gor for it. The only real thing that kinda list really does need to think about is how to deal with armour.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The two fire prisms are pretty powerful anti-armor, but the problem is that all they need to do is inflict a glancing or penetrating hit every turn to prevent them from shooting you. Any result whatsoever means missing a turn, since all of the penetrating hits include stunned and the only glancing hits that let a tank shoot again either immoblize you (crash, die) or destroy the prism cannon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
On paper it sounds good, but depending on who you're playing, it's not often pinning checks are failed. Marines don't fail too easily. A vox-net Guard army, well, forget it. Nids? Synapse.

·
Registered
221 Posts
warrior-of-hope said:
but pathfinders are about more than pinning. they hard to kill by shooting, plus they are good vs marines and mc's
For the cost, they're barely worth it. They miss a third of the time and only wound half the time. There are better options.

Marines have a ball with them, because their armour is terrible and they're T3. Bolter bait. Yeah, you get the cover save, but it only does so much. If they get assaulted, that's it, game over. You can't shoot and move.

If anything, their specific purpose is to take out monstrous creatures.

Snipers in general are a huge target priority to anyone who knows what they're doing, specifically because they do have the potential to be lethal. It's rare, but it happens. Trust me, I played Alaitoc for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
they hit 5/6 times as they use sniperrifles which always hit on twos. they get +2 to there coversaves so when put in ruins and rocks they have a 2+ save. hence scorpians being used to detter assault is a good idea as they have the armour to stick around for a while as well

·
Registered
221 Posts
Completely forgot that sniper rifles hit on a 2+. My bad. That's the real perk.

I do suppose having to pick between snipers and Scorpions is a pretty fair trade

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
plus on a 5 or 6 the pathfinders shots will be ap 1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its still in the works but im thinking of 24 pathfinders, 18 striking scoprions, the two fire prisms, and karandras as an HQ for a 2000ish point list, but im still working.

·
Banned
677 Posts
I'd sub out the prisms for something as hearty as your scorpions. Maybe wraithlords and warwalkers with mixed weapons. Wraithlords last alot longer than tanks do, and you definitely want support that can be in the fray, which prisms cannot. I'd say, take a pair of warwalkers with bright lance/starcannon and a wraithlord with whatever you think you are lacking, instead of the two prisms. Remember, your infantry needs support it can count on, and two(or one if you focus) prism shots might not be what the solution is.

You could probably pack all starcannons on the walkers and a brightlance on the wraithlord. People might scream cheese, but thats all your distance AND power shooting. That would definitely lighten heavily armored squads(or light) and the brightlance for the passing tank.

Of course, you could just take a Revenant, but that's a different story..

Khaine

·
Registered
28 Posts
keep the Prisims add a falcon in there and for the love of god throw out the hawks. W/ the new dex their not really worth it. Just take Spiders instead. +1 pt a model a better save and a strength 6 gun. Who can argue w/ that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts