Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was painting recently when one of my friends turned up, we were talking whilst i was getting to the end of the colour that i was using when i put my detail brush between my lips and twisted it to get the bristles back together.

He understandabley asked me why i was eating paint (i wasn't the brush had just been washed and i only do it to ensure that the bristles are together when the brush dries). It occured to me that this probabley is a strange habit to have and i was wondering if any of you vetran gamers have any quirky little methods which you've picked up from somewhere but don't even think about now. Wether it's on the tabletop or at the paint/conversion station.

Also i'm curiouse as to wether anyone has heard of the brush licking technique before, if it's a common thing or if i'm really that weird.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Brush licking is common, but counter-productive.

You've just cleaned your brush and then you contaminate it with the various non-volatile chemicals and particulate matter in your saliva (you don't want to know).

If your brush is truely clean and the bristles are together wet, then the bristles will remain together when it dries. If they don't, your brush is either not clean (Probably paint inside the ferrule), or has simply had it.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I tend to do it alot on my thicker brushes; to get a fine point on them when i can't be bothered to switch for one of the finer ones
i own alot.. it would take forever to find one unless i leave it out....
Maybe i should start doing that :headbutt:

I'm blonde... go figure lol

SGMAlice

·
Registered
475 Posts
I curse profanly to myself when painting, when i have discovered a tatical error, or when i come up a buck short at the local hobby store (even in public)... and yes my user name ties into that.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
When i'm watering down paint, i tend to wet the brush and then suck some of the water off before mixing it. I can get the right amount of water on the brush much quicker this way than drying with a cloth.

The painty-water has not turned me into a mutant yet :(

·
Registered
644 Posts
I curse profanly to myself when painting, when i have discovered a tatical error, or when i come up a buck short at the local hobby store (even in public)... and yes my user name ties into that.
Wow, I feel really bad for you man... Turning up a buck short - I would be scouring the sidewalks for change. :p

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow, I feel really bad for you man... Turning up a buck short - I would be scouring the sidewalks for change. :p
I am the type of person who brings a extra 10% the amount of money that i plan on spending with me. I go into the store, buy what i need and leave. When i am short, no matter how much, i feel stupid...and the feeling sticks for the rest of the day.:headbutt:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i have to scarfice a small boy/girl to the blood god before i do any painting. Some people just don't understand....mainly there parents.

Naw i do the brush thing too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I must say i excessively wash my brush for no reason...like im talking every 5-6 strokes and its wash time...dip dip dip shake dry and a small dip to rewet...idk why but i do.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yep, I do the brush/mouth thing too.

Maybe GW needs to put a calorie count and other nutritional information on their paint pots.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also use my mouth to bring the brush to a point before painting small details. I also have washed my brush in the coffee a few time :laugh:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Thankfully i've never put the brush in my coffee.

Here's a weird one for you all:
Having cut all the pieces off of them; I seem to cut the resulting empty sprues up into small pieces!?!

Dont ask me why because i couldn't tell you, I just do.

Just me? Probably...

SGMAlice

1 - 20 of 66 Posts