Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to thee, team heresy.

Playing Orks today the question was asked whether wyverns fire their mortars as two separate barrage weapons - which is to say, one would roll 2D6 to scatter twice in a round of shooting, and barrage scatter twice also.

We decided on a dice roll to play it this way, but the fact that vehicle squadrons firing barrage weapons combine their fires - to mean that 2D6 scatter is rolled only once regardless of the number of weapons firing - indicates to me that it may be instead that one 2D6 and three barrage scatters are rolled. What are your thoughts?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I think the Wyvern fires as one multiple barrage - so yes, roll for scatter on the first shot and then roll scatter dice for each shot after that. I don't have my rulebook on me to check, but I remember that's how it was done with the old Artillery Squadrons for Guard - adding in a Griffon meant you could use it's Accurate Barrage to make a pair of Colossuses more accurate or whatever.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
unless something in 7th then it should be as MidnightSun mentioned; shoot once with 2d6 scatter and then roll the scatter die for all additional shots.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i take it the rule I should be referencing for this is 'multiple barrages'?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yes, it is a multiple barrage. Each (undamaged) vehicle fires four small blasts, if in a squadron you could have up to 12 blasts. First is the only one that scatters 2d6 (possibly -BS depending on range and LOS). Bear in mind that it is twin-linked, so this can be re-rolled. After that, each additional marker just gets a scatter die (which can also be re-rolled, per the WD article on the Wyvern) to determine it's placement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts