Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i give my wolf guard a storm shield as war gear, and stuck a normal shield on the side of his powerfist arm

do i get to use that powerfist in combat and just not recive the +1 attack bonus for a cc weapon ?

from what i have read from the rules thats correct

·
Registered
325 Posts
A Storm Shield counts as a one-handed weapon for weapon selection purposes. As such you WG will probably only be able to carry the PF + SS [two one-handed weapons]
:rtfm:

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
combat shields do not take up a weapon hand and such you can have 2 ccw giving you the bonus.. storm shields on the other hand (literally) take up one of your hands and thereby your can never recieve the addtional attack for 2ccw while you have one.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
combat shields do not take up a weapon hand and such you can have 2 ccw giving you the bonus.. storm shields on the other hand (literally) take up one of your hands and thereby your can never recieve the addtional attack for 2ccw while you have one.
so i can either have a bolt pistol r a storm shield .... what do you guys think

rune priest + 5 body guards with powerfists and storm shields

or rune priest 5 body guards and pistol / powerfist

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
take power fists and bolt pistols extra attack

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im using them with a rune priest wih a holy relic

plus power fists strike last

so the invun might be helpfull

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think it'd be better to go for the storm shield and PF combo, as you'll have better survivability and should have enough attack to see off you opponents. Though the CS, BP and PF or PW would be better on the Rune Priest (if its possible that is)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my rune priest has a rune weapon hits on 3s always has master crafted gets lots of attacks

so storm shield and powerfist ;-)

might just buy some models with power swords

1 - 11 of 11 Posts