Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got a gunship and I'm wondering what the best weapons would be for it. I was thinking because of power of the machine spirit making it a anti-infantry and anti-tank. Something like lascannons and adding on the hurricane bolter sponsons. Not sure though. Help!!!!!!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I think you need to concentrate wholly on one or the other. The hurricane bolters don't really compliment the lascannons. On top of that the SR is an assault vehicle so is going to be getting up close to enemy infantry, so maybe plasma cannons would be a better option. They are a pretty good all round choice.

Bare in mind I've never actually used mine because SWs don't have access to them, so I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I tend to find that the bog standard load out with maybe hurricane bolters if you want extra infantry killyness.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i use the stromraven in the stormwing formation..and i run it basically the same in both the ravenwing and ultramarine lists.
the first thing you need to decide is the role its going to take as thatk will determine the weapons and the point you want to throw into it.

to me the standard configuration with MM and AC does more than enough..but im using it more for anti air.
with the Ravenwing i throw on the sponsons but i find combined with the banner of devastation its total over kill.

it works reaaly great with assault squad or terminators..if you want a cheesy thing to do purchase the sky shield landing pad..i cant give the points that way the storm raven can be on the table T1 so you assaulting turn2 haha

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I run both of mine with multi-meltas and lascannons, and if I need to fill in 60 points I add the sponsons. I need the high AP weaponry, and the sponsons are nice for the occasional PotMS strafing run or gunning down spread out units at close range.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'll never forget my baptism by fire into stormravens: I was playing a mech list, and the blood angels player came on with two of them with lascannons and multimeltas, plus missiles and an assault cannon. Pop pop, potms with the multimeltas, each storm raven was killing two tanks per turn. Ow.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I run mine standard with psybolt and hurricane bolters for Grey Knights. Expensive, but they sure pare down units so that when my eversor assaults from its hold things disappear from in front of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts