Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, storm bolters are assault 2. this means that they can shoot twice at full range, but also shoot and then assault the same turn... correct? also are they twin linked??

Second, with jumpy marines can they assault 12 inches away? or is it 12" move, 6" assault?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I don't know about assault marines, but for stormbolters you are able to move full speed shoot twice 24" away and then assault. But they are not twinlinked

·
Registered
129 Posts
Assault (x) means that a weapon can fire X times up to the maximum range of the weapon, regardless of movement and still allows an assault. If a weapon is twin linked, it will state that in the weapon profile. Jump infantry may move 12 inches in the movement phase, ignoring intervening terrain, and assault 6 inches.

You may want to go read the rulebook four or five more times, those questions are pretty simply answered there...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe thnx frostbite, yeah see my Dungeon Master has our only copy of the main rulebook so i only see it once a week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Get a Battle of Macragg Set.

It has some SM and Nids (trade them if you don't want them), a copy of the rulebook, scatter dice, and some terrain.

It's far more economically efficient than going out to buy the hard cover.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Amen, the Mcragge/BfSP if ultimate! Miniatures galore plus the rulebook and misc. gaming stuff....those sticks come in handy!

I have the BfM rulebook, it works just the same, just with out the $70 fluff and senarios. I actually was considering buying the harcover, but if there is another edition coming out 2008, what's the point? Especially for that kind of cash...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Keep in mind that those red measuring sticks are not accurate... If you are both using them,then that's OK, but if one is using a tape ruler or something else, than whoever is using the red stick will be shorting themselves, usually about a quarter of an inch over 12 inches.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Something worth noting, because there seemed to be a little confusion, Storm Bolters are *not* rapid-fire weapons, so two shots is all you get.

As for your own copy of the rules, The War Store has just the rulebook from the boxed set for $15, and it has everything you need in it. The only things it doesn't have are the special campaign missions, combat patrol and kill-team rules, which are optional and aren't often used.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i guess, but they bfm has a total of 0 customization capabilities plus i play an all helmeted company and the bfm vet sarge has no helmet >.< but yeah thats the rulebook my friend has... i'll just go et the 4th ed one for free from my GW when the 5th ed comes out... unless it's like drastic changes to game mechanics >.<

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
From what I'm hearing, the game will change considerably in a few different ways... Vehicles being major among them...

As for pistols, you may move and fire once, and then assault...

Or, if you have not moved and are not assaulting, you may fire twice.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yes, IF you fire only one shot.

Pistols may fire one shot, or if you remain stationary, two. But if you fire two shots, you may not assault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts