Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

It feels awkward making an introduction topic, because for all my knowledge of 40k fluff and penchant for military history and doctrine, I rarely if ever get to play wargames of any kind. Up until recently I was an avid combat flightsim pilot, but that dried up when my inability to replace aging and worn down equipment left me behind. Suffice it to say I never knew any groups of like-minded people from my school days, or even college days, and paying for something like 40k is absolutely beyond me. I spent a lot of time drumming up designs for various tabletop games of my own, "budget" versions with cardboard printouts and my own rules. Even made an Aeronautica Imperialis clone on an operational scale... but it was all pretty pointless in the end without anyone to play it.

Lately I was working on a nation-building forum RPG involving the Fallout universe. Figured it had potential, but evidently most folks already have their fill, or couldn't care less about that subject when it came to Fallout, so it dried up... or at least my motivation did.

I have a hard time trying to fit in anywhere I go, but lately I've been getting back into 40k after a long absence, and figured a roleplaying board might be a place to start. Heresy Online seems a lot more active than most of the other sites that showed up in my searches, and I appreciate the strong appeal to this wargaming hobby, despite not really being able to take part in it myself. At least I can write about it, so I guess roleplaying is where I have to be.

I've fiddled with the same copy of Flash 8 for almost 10 years now, which is where my forum signature came from. So long as there aren't other commitments, I could always try making small graphics for folks if they have some need. Also very much keen on military aviation, which I would apply to 40k feverishly were it not for the fact that A) most of it would be ignored, and B) I would be raining on Dan Abnett's Battle of Britain parade.

That's about it for now. It looks like a nice place you folks have here, and hopefully I can add something positive to it while I'm around.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome fellow Roleplayer! You are welcome here.

I started a TT army, Necrons, but I don't know if I'll ever get to play for now, till I have money to finish my army and get the new rule book in print.

Check out the RPs here, they are active and welcoming.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy! :good:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome. I'd jump right into the Imperial Navy RP but all of my posts are "awaiting moderation." One of them was in the interest thread and it hasn't shown up yet. Is there some requirement I have to pass before my posts appear as a matter of course, or are all posts regulated this way?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, thanks for the welcome.

Another question, though I hate to ask: What happened to the IRC chatroom? PMs don't seem to be a reliable way of contacting people, and the Steam group is dead, so is there a replacement for the chatroom anywhere? Official or otherwise?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Well that's pretty unfortunate. I don't suppose anybody hosted temporary or substitute things on their own, or perhaps just designated some place to meet up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts