Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a fairly easy question for you all, was just pondering this, is magnetization a reasonable option for the arms on a stompa? Its a second hand stompa so had some fun removing the super glued arms so magnetization is going to be quite fiddly but not impossible.

So two kind of ideas, ease of swapping out for other weapons and the ease of transportation so that there isn't a huge gun barrel sticking out of any foam which i put it in.

So thoughts should i just re-glue the arms, and just maybe even get one of the old GW heavy support boxes or magnetize? Currently i have a few options of magnets coming some large 35mm disks, along with some 30mm's with a small hole which could possibly used to pin the arms if the magnet isn't enough to hold it in place.

Any thoughts?

Additional question of magnetization of models, with larger magnets is there much of an option apart from spade drill bits, for a shallow hole to mount the disk magnets.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I am magnetizing my stompas arms, head and smoke stack just to make it easier to transport. So yeah magnetize that sucker up good. The magnets are usually strong enough to hold it no problem so you probably won't have to pin the arms.

Other than drilling a shallow hole there really isn't much of an option for them at least one I have found. Good luck and post pics of the stompa as it progresses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts