Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question how does Stomp work on MCs, and super heavies or gargantuan creatures?
My Imperial Knight can Stomp a Wraithknight and on a roll of a 6 he is removed as a casualty with no saves allowed. A bit op? Am I reading it wrong? Are there some limitations to it that I missed?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
You can stomp a MC and FMC - But you cannot stomp a super heavy or gargantuan creature :)

You can see it under "Super-Heavy Walkers" where "Stomp" has it specified:

"Buildings, Flyers, Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures, Gargantuan Creatures, Flying Gargantuan Creatures, Super-heavy Vehicles, Super-heavy Walkers and Super-heavy Flyers cannot be stomped."

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for such a fast response =) this has cleared everything up. Still weird you can stomp something as big as a wraithknight,riptide or dreadknight and remove them from game with a single roll of 6.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Still weird you can stomp something as big as a wraithknight,riptide or dreadknight and remove them from game with a single roll of 6.
I despise STR D and Stomp for this very reason - I think it's a silly "LOL SEE IT'S BIG!" mechanic that has no home in regular 40k.

But hey, it's out there so might as well get used to it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm not overly keen on the rule though I think it makes some sense in cases I can think of. A wraithknight's leg/s could be snapped and the stomp could occur on its head. With other MCs it's even easier to visualise with many TMCs' heads being way down near the ground and greater daemons and princes being relatively small next to a knight.

What bothers me most is stomp walking the (assuming three) three templates from the knight to a unit not even engaged in the combat. One particularly unpleasant scenario can be a ton of gaunts tarpitting a knight and the knight stomping out to a synapse creature detached from the combat to remove the gaunts' synapse source. I've heard some people have disallowed that particular application of the rule and I wouldn't complain about that if I were fielding a knight. I can see the justification for a knight being able to do that but it just seems a bit abusive in practice. Better if the blast templates are all in base contact with the knight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts