Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys,

another list I was thinking of for a game we've got coming up there will be four of us playing an all onto all. It will have objectives (which anyone on foot can hold) and possibly have a relic style one, city based on a 6' x 6' board, there will be our regular players who usually have this sort of configuration, 'nids (MC list), IG (platoon and Vets), and a Black Templars army. All 1500 point lists.

this is my thousand sons list

HQ 230pnts
Socerer Lvl 3
SoC
MoT
Spell Familiar

Socerer Lvl 3
SoC
MoT
Spell familiar

ELites 486pnts
Terminators x5
*PowerAxe
*Lightning Claws x2
*Chain Fist x2
*Combi/Flamer x2
*Combi/Melta x1
*MoT
*Chaos Land Raider w/Dirge Castor and Combi/Plasma

Troops 574pnts
Thousand sons x8
Aspiring Champion
Rhino Combi/Flamer
(one Sorcerer rides in this)

Thousand sons x8
Aspiring Champion
Rhino Combi/Flamer
(one Sorcerer rides in this)

Heavy Support 210pnts
Predator
HB sponsons
Combi/Flamer

Predator
HB Sponsoons
Combi/Flamer

I'm going to use the Land Raider and terminators to hunt the MC's and the pred's will just roam the streets butchering anything they see and the rhino crews just trying to get to objectives and whack things as they come across them.

so what do you guys think

·
Registered
172 Posts
Terminators and land raider can be scrapped, either a replacement with meltafist bikes and a helldrake, or meltaraptors and bikes? Instead of predators consider vindicators,they can move with your rhinos and make big holes in platoons and destroy armour to boot, defiler are also nice in this role but bloody expensive. Cultists are cheap fodder and 25naked men for 100points is a bargain and we all know how chaos rituals love a good old bloody sacrifice, a tz Herald on a disk with 9 screamers and 18 horrors would also synergise well thematically as well as game play. wise giving you some combat worth talking about and a few more spells to throw about.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Its not a bad list. Thousand sons are a sub-par unit, so you will have some issues but.

I would drop the Combi/Flamer's from the 'Aspiring Champion' in the Thousand sons squads. They are not normal Ac's they are Sorcerer's so will be packing a spell, and because of the slow and purposeful special rule you don't get to use it in over watch.

You have allot of points sunk into the land raider, but It could be worth it. if you can keep it away from the high strength weapons.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the thoughts guys, yeah with the landraider I was a bit unsure but the idea I was hoping for as it is in a city style setting that the short roads and corners that I should be able to get around a corner close enough to unload the terminators and assault with them under the dirge castor so no overwatch, then jump back in and head to the next point.

Maybe I didn't list it clearly enough, but the combi/flamer is meant to be on the rhino so that the rhino can do something other than just ship the Sons around. I thought of using havoc launchers on them but wasn't sure being that it is in a city setting.

i'm not really sure if vindicators are really that useful in a city style block. also I don't have any bikes as they don't really fit with the theme of my army.

i'm not a power style gamer by any part of it. I like to build my lists for fun and always like to keep them as fluffy I can. But I do like to be a bit competitive :)

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
The Win of Vindicators in City Fight settings is two fold.
1- They get the Siege Shield, So they can drive anywhere (almost)
2- The 24" range on the Cannon is not a huge deal as LOS is normaly lower.

The Fluff for the Tank also talks about it as a urban combat tank.

I still prefer havoc's to Combi-flamers, you only get one shot with a combi-flamer...

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are using your sorcerers for shooting you might want to consider replacing one with ahriman. They are really expensive as you have them and aren't the toughest so you might as well get more explosions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts