Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just a clarification for me and my friends

it refers to cover we were just wondering how or if it has any effect in the open and are they used in the assault phase or move/shooting phase.

yet again another rule that i figure you guys have discussed but i couldn't find in the forums to answer the specifics of the question.

newbie what can i say but sorry

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Grenades. Page 36 of the rulebook.

The affects are used in the assault phase. Assault grenades allow an assaulting unit to not suffer for assaulting through cover. (They attack at normal initiative.)

Defensive grenades take away the assault bonus to an assaulting unit. (No +1 to attacks.)
Of course, if the unit(s) were already locked in combat, or gone to ground, then they cannot use defensive grenades.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Also the rules for Defensive/Assault grenades vs. vehicles are on pg 63. They are S4 in combat with a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yu also get grenades to halm tanks so it's not all a big loss. Trust me when you fight Tau you will be glad as having Tau strike first means you are crap most of the time.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
yu also get grenades to halm tanks so it's not all a big loss. Trust me when you fight Tau you will be glad as having Tau strike first means you are crap most of the time.
I'd probably still not give them to Boys, just because of their low I.
And using grenades on vehicles is only worthwhile when you aren't S4 on the charge anyway.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so unless you are assaulting into cover or attacking a vehicle the bombs aren't really that good.
while we're on it doesn't the stick bombs bring everyone in the group skirmish back to even intiative for assault??

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
so unless you are assaulting into cover or attacking a vehicle the bombs aren't really that good.
while we're on it doesn't the stick bombs bring everyone in the group skirmish back to even intiative for assault??
The only 2 effects that Assault Grenades (Stikkbombs are a type of those) do are:

If you have assaulted through Difficult Terrain, you would normally strike at I1 as a penalty, Assault Grenades negate this.
They can be used against vehicles at S4.

So Ork Boys don't get a whole lot of use out of them (striking even with IG), but Nobs do get a fair use from them (striking even with MEQ, and striking before IG).

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I had a game last weekend with my Khorne army where a lucky SAT shot hit 5 of my Berserkers who were 3" away from a Trukk boyz mob. They were obviously going to get assaulted so I went to ground, saved all but 1 and they suffered no ill effects after being assaulted because Ork I is crap! I killed about 6 of them before they struck. :victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts