Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sternguard Veterans Squad and Chaplian WIP Updated

So heres another WIP of mine.
Yesterday I went to warhammer world with my mate, where we bought the new armour marks from forgeworld, as i didnt have much money i just bought one set of MK4 armour and a tac squad so i can make a sternguard squad. while I was with my mate we decided to swap bits and (he bought mk3 and 5 armour)i managed to get a MK3 helmet and shoulder pad and a set of running MK5 legs
anyway enough of the explanation lol heres the pics

Sternguard Veteran Squad

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
They are pretty sweet. I like the new armour marks but can't bring myself to fork out the cash...

My only question is, that second meltagun guy, can you move the gun closer into his torso? looks a little weird.

Look forward to seeing them painted. Which chapter?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'v never seen that helm, is it an old model part, and what about those objects that are on his belt, grenades? but the model looks fantastic :good:

·
Registered
107 Posts
good to see that the new Forge world kits look great, think i'll have to start saving up for some

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Yay for iron hands. Not enough of them around methinks. Nice models and good parts combinations. Look forward to the painting stage.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I like what you've done so far the only problem i have is that with the thick blacklining on the chaplains mouth he look's like a sunbleached halloween pumpkin although i realise that he's not finished yet.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
TBH the head reminds me of Jack, the Pumpkin King, from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and seeing as he is a skeleton, the head works. It's nice to see a Chaplian that doesn't look liked he's had a potato peeler taken to his face :grin:

Grish

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I really like the chaplin although I would suggest drilling out the barrel of the plasma psitol is needed. The studded leg's are really fitting.

I will certainly get some of these type 3 and 4 marks of armour for various uses I think. Mk 3 for devastatrors and Mk 4 for sterngaurd.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ah yes i always forget to drill, ill do that soon, altho i always mess up,
Yep the mark 5 legs are awesome, and yep they are fitting,
just a quick run down of parts used if anyones interested;
mark 3 helmet
mark 4 torso
mark 5 legs
mark 4-6 power pack
normal space marine plasma pistol arm,
crozius is converted from the terminator chaplain.
next i think im might try doing a chapter master, with the new forgeworld character conversion kit.
Thank you for the replies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts