Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the newest WD, and there is reference to a step forward rule that allows models that step forward to replace the fallen to attack. Is this something everyone can do? If so, are units like witch elves even remotely useful anymore?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, I see. The way they'd talked about it in the WD (at least regarding some models) sounded like the guys stepping foreward got their full number of attacks so wiping out 5-10 models had no impact on how many attacks came back.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I guess the question is how to improve survivability. Having a death hag/battle standard bearer join the unit with the hydra banner (more killing) or dread banner (chance of fear reducine WS to 1), but that's quite expensive and possibly more useful elsewhere (Cold One Knights with Hydra Banner for example means one heck of a painful lance charge). Rune of Khaine adds d3 attacks to your hag or death hag, war cry can reduce enemy WS by 1, which should pull the enemy down to only hitting on a 4, and mean that against most enemies the WE hit on a 3, increasing wound output (especially with hatred in the first round). Banner of murder gives armor piercing, and doesn't require the battle standard bearer be in the unit.

Ah well, can't really complain: the new 'always fight in initiative order even when charging/charged' is a huge bonus to I6 WE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts