Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i correct to assume that a steed of tzeentch increases a characters toughness by giving it a jetbike type?

also I am planning on running a ML3 tzeentch sorcerer on disc along with a Brand tzeentch lord on bike what has been everyones experience on this matter and results of play with these two different loadouts on characters if any

·
Registered
136 Posts
All it says in the C:CSM is that a Disc of Tzeentch gives the model +1 attack, the jetbike unit type just refers to movement, etc. and does not further affect the profile.

With your lord on the disc I all depends on what you're doing with him as to wether or not it will work. If he's being protected by the bikes or what. I personally would throw him with a unit of spawn to protect him while he reaks havoc. His big thing is mobility so if you aren't using that then its a waste of points, unless of course its for fluffy purposes because then nothing is a waste.

Also I'm not sure about a Tzeentch bike lord with a brand but my nurgle bike lord kicks @$$ with his brand. I assume you would get roughly the same performance out of it your way.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
466 Posts
pg 45 BRB: Models on bikes or jetbikes get +1 T, this bonus is already included if the bike is part of the model standard wargear.

The lord and sorceror do gain the T bonus for the jetbike afaik

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
no. the model is not ON an actual jetbike or bike. the equipment called "bike" or "jetbike" gives you that bonus, the disc of tzeentch is not a jetbike, is a..dic of tzeentch, the model changes his TYPE to jetbike. there is some difference in this :)

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
i think the difference is that the disc says that the model now counts as being a jetbike - Not ON a jetbike.

I have always played with that it doesn't get the bonus, as it's solely the movement that is upgraded. The model is not actually on a wroom-wroom jetbike.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i think the difference is that the disc says that the model now counts as being a jetbike - Not ON a jetbike.

I have always played with that it doesn't get the bonus, as it's solely the movement that is upgraded. The model is not actually on a wroom-wroom jetbike.
Only if you ignore the fact that the model itself is clearly riding a disc, that may not go "wroom-wroom", but since when is the sound of your steed the defining feature?

no. the model is not ON an actual jetbike or bike. the equipment called "bike" or "jetbike" gives you that bonus, the disc of tzeentch is not a jetbike, is a..dic of tzeentch, the model changes his TYPE to jetbike. there is some difference in this :)
Not really.

C: CSM, page 66:
Models with a Chaos bike change their unit type to Bike, as described in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
Page 67, under Disc of Tzeentch:
The model receives +1 Attack and his unit type becomes Jetbike (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook for details).
As the wording is identical for both of those you'd have to argue that the rider of a Chaos bike also doesn't get his +1 toughness if you don't think the disc rider is entitled to it.
They both change unit type with a piece of wargear, that both refer to the BRB, and they both get all benefits and drawbacks of this change.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would say you defo do get +1 toughness. If they wrote +1 toughness under the daemonic steed rules section then referred to the jetbike rules, you'd be thinking toughness 6!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mmh. interesting. i was wrong, it appears. well, it certainly gives the disk more utility!

·
Registered
466 Posts
did we just had a polite discussion, starting with different opinions and agreeing to the same conclusion without nerdrage flying around? I'm disappointed Mr Web... Very disappointed...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
did we just had a polite discussion, starting with different opinions and agreeing to the same conclusion without nerdrage flying around? I'm disappointed Mr Web... Very disappointed...
well, we could talk about matt ward...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lets instead talk about the bottom of the back codex cover. "You will need a copy of Warhammer 40,000 in order to use the contents of this book" I personally feel like Games Dorkshop is seriously underestimating our ability to use our imaginations... I mean are they really gonna come sue me for using the contents of my book if i dont have Warhammer 40,000? and while Im on the subject Warhammer 40,000 what? they arent really specific enough for me to have to follow that like its a rule. I say throw down your shackles of oppression! Whos with me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts