Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks @morfangdakka! As I've said, this is a very slow thread, both because I spend a lot of time working on each model and because I've got a lot of other projects going on. Despite it's slow progress, I'll see this project through!

I read somewhere that when raiding ports and villages, sometimes pirates would steal the gibbets of their executed comrades. This inspired me to make a standard bearer for my swordsmen:

It is not finished yet, but you get the idea.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
My only concern there is the balance of the gibbet--it looks like it would fall forward where he isn't supporting it, with how much of the weight is leaning forward there...

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Looks like some great little models there, particularly all the green stuff work, not too sure on the steampunk side of it all, the first model certainly has the idea of it, but others just seem to have a good little pirate theme going on there.

Still some good stuff here, well done.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@Mossy Toes, I understand your conern, but to be honest, the entire model is a bit bonkers. You'd need to be really frikken' strong to carry that thing around! It is angled slightly backwards though, as you can best see on the second picture.
@Battman, Thanks! I have some more steampunky models planned, but there's currently more than one with steampunk influences! However, I prefer low-key steampunk, and imagine the bulk of the pirates too poor to be able to afford the more high tech stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Mate, you impress me every time with these awesome conversions and paint jobs. I really admire your ingenuity and skills!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts