Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
And for those of us with bad luck? The fact that you can throw a fully ranked up unit at this thing, and have such a small chance to win is just ridiculous, and the fact that monster-killers and the like can't hurt this thing that much more either, is just as ridiculous.
Luckily it's Unbreakable so you can never actually win until it's dead, with it's 10 Wounds , Toughness 10 and 1+ save. That said by the time you get it to 6-7 wounds it's severely impaired. 2-3 Wounds left and it's essentially useless you only need to kill it if you want the VP's

Aramoro

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Am I right to think that the steam tank must try to generate at least 1 steam point a turn? I so then by the time you take it down to 3W left it's almost certain to kill itself (assuming there is enough of the game left).

@effigy- put down the lighter... flaming opponents online is bad enough, doing it in person is just rude.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Nah it can opt to not generate any steam. But then it just sits and does nothing. Basically your safe steam points are Current wounds - 6. Once you're down to half wounds the most you can possibly generate is 4 and so on.

Once you can hurt it then it starts to lose functionality very quickly indeed.

Aramoro

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Nah it can opt to not generate any steam. But then it just sits and does nothing. Basically your safe steam points are Current wounds - 6. Once you're down to half wounds the most you can possibly generate is 4 and so on.

Once you can hurt it then it starts to lose functionality very quickly indeed.

Aramoro
Aw nuts, I was hoping that if I did half the job it would do the other half for me :(
I think it'll be pretty rare to find an army capable of taking 10 T6 1+AS wounds in the space of 5-7 turns (purple sunning the stank doesnt take wounds)... if it still had the magical protection this thing would be the safest VP in the game by a huge margin. It probably keeps that title even with the huge vulnerability to magic.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i have a strong suspiscion that my mate will be adding his stank into his campaign army after i beat him this sunday. Luckily im using skaven so i have a few options to fall back on. I had want to add some gutter runners anyway, so time for the poison slings for the win

61 - 67 of 67 Posts