Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my Steampunk IG army and Want to know what I should use for my Regular Infintry. I was concidering Empire Milita, or Bretonnian Men at Arms. What do you think? If you have a Suggestion, Links Please!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd say look into Mordian Iron Guard models. Remove the hats and sculpt Pith Helmets on them.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mordian Guard as the last guy said
Whats your plan on tanks? Cause tghe Empire Steam tank is too small to be used as any 40K tank

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would stay away from warmachine as a whole, but that is just my opinion. The reason being (in addition to price and not being tourny legal) is they are full metla, I don't know about you, but full metal minis have been the bane of my converting existance. I hate trying to do a major conversion on a metal mini, I would hate to think about doing a conversion on a full metal army.

As for tanks, that is simple: Use standard Imperial design tanks, but just 'steampunk' them up. Think of it like you would doing an ork looted conversion. Your simply taking the base vehicle and adding bits to it, but instead of dirtying them up, your teching them up. Extra hoses, pipes, and other bits will work just fine. You'll also want to use alot of brass paint on a fail ammount of the metal that is not armor plating.

Brass was used in alot of things during the victorian age, but the armor that used was still made of cast iron that was sometimes painted over.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Warhammer Fantasy, Empire Steam Tank. Possibly incorporate a Leman Russ model in, if possible.

Also steam-powered Crossbows/Muskets/primitve Las/slugg weaponary for infantry, I suppose also.

I would combine the Empire and Imperial Guard ranges, with possibly outside help. Warmachine is ugly, to me, and is metal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts