Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been years since I've been on here, FB groups just are not the same though.

So I'm struggling with my painting, working on a Death guard army but I am spending a ridiculous amount of time on each model. Its not uncommon for me to spend a good 2 hours on a single model, and the main issue is I am being very picky and cant let myself get it to a good point and be done with it, I keep coming back and saying no that's not right and cranking on it some more. The issue being I want to finish this darn backlog already!

What I'm looking for is if others have had the same issue how they went about staying focused and finding a good stopping point on models.

PS: Just getting back into the forums if I miss-posted this I apologize.

-Regards

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
When painting a like-like army (meaning, lots of the "same" thing), I only do one thing to a model at a time and move to the next to do the same thing, so on so forth. Can't touch up the green (just picking a color) paint if all I have out is red, because I'm painting all the shoulders red. After is when I do model specific focus.
But, as painting skill improves, speed improves. So there is that. You may be taking your time now, but by taking your time, your bettering your skill, which will equal faster work. IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts