Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive finished my first SM army in just over 4 months, well nearly finished and im looking to start an Imperial Guard army.

Im looking for army list tips, painting tips, colour schemes using the following paints :
Boltgun metal
chaos black
skull white
catachan green
desert yellow
blood red
scorpion green
snakebite leather

i want a cityfight camo/normal colour scheme with those paints. any ideas??

basically I need general help as I have very limited experience with IG

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Ok first thing's first - have you got the Codex? - if not get it and quickly. That has a lot of color schemes in it.

In the mean time however check out this link for some sample schemes. I would actually rate this above the codex as it has a step by step process.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/troopcamo/urban.htm

Rather than confining your scheme to the colors you have - I would really recommend deceiding on your color scheme and then buying your paints.

Are you going Codex or Doctrines?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Oh yea I can't recommend those tank pages enough. Just leave the Fire Wastes scheme alone its mine :twisted:

I found the Imperial Gaurd section of the GW sites quiet good which surprised me as the rest of the army pages are quiet pants, so take a look round there.

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
iv had a look around for more shizz about quard but i cant find much worthwhile. Do check out the GW pages though there are some good articles on there.

the only other thing i can think of would be this - there are several members of this forum who play with guard - i do, longbeard and Jez do also. if you need any help with the army then you will definately be able to find an answer.

off subject a little, i now have a custom rank! woop!

·