Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm thinking of collecting Blood Angels rather than Salamanders, and I already have the battleforce, so that gives me:

5x Scouts
5x Assault marines
10x Tactical Marines
1x Rhino.

Where should I go from here? I don't plan on using the Scouts, by the way.

~Bane of Kings

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Get more assault marines and an HQ. Depends on what army style you want to run.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought i'd give you my perspective since i just started out in blood angels and 40k in general in the last month or two. I did a lot of reading on a few different useful blogs, bought 3 different codex's before i finally picked the army i wanted to play.

There are three types of competative armies. (Keep in mind, i've only been playing for a few months, but most of the information i've gotten from a couple of useful blogs. My personal favorite is Kriby's 3++ is the new black.

I think it's been mentioned on the main page, but just starting out as a blood angel i found his treasure trove of lists and explaination of units invaluable just starting out. He frequently discusses different lists and the advantages of each play style. He's also very open to responding to e-mail in lists. I've also read chumbalya's blog on space wolves,The other blog is I read is Steleks BoLS, though he tends to rant a bit, i guess that's what blogs are about sometimes.

I ended up buying enough gear to play a couple different styles of blood angels.

There are Descent of angel (All jump pack army) lists, typically run with dante as the HQ and a few Vanguard veterans to tie up initial squads. Coupled with your assault marines, and a few heavy support/fast attack vehicles, it seems to work well for a lot of people, this is typically what i like playing even if it's not the greatest.

There's a BA Mech list, which typically runs with Mephiston, a bunch of razors or rhinos with assault squads backed up by either a deathstar unit (Land raider with assualt terminators w/sanguinary priests), some furioso dreads/libby dreads.

There's also a lot of "Death company" wipe lists, that are geared to win by tabling your opponent. There's other lists which include Furioso dreads, death company dreads, and regular dreads and a few troops as backup, it's amusing coupled with drop pods.

Best advice i can give you for a general selection as they seem to have the most versatile selection given your force:

2 librarians.
1 Dante
1 Mephiston
3-4 boxes of assault squads
2-3 Sanguinary priests or Apothecary models
2 of boxes of death company (very useful bits)
Tanks/heavy support of your chosing.

Hope this helps, i'm bored at work.

-Narik

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking something like this:

1x Sanguinor
5x Sanguinary Guard
10x Death Company
w/ Jump Packs, Lemartes
1x Sanguinary Priest
10x Assault Marines
10x Assault Marines
10x Tactical Marines
w/ Rhino
1x Baal Predator / 1x Furioso Dreadnought

I don't think I've missed anything out, but this is roughly what I've come up with.

~Bane of Kings

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you could do somehting like i do. I play Crimson Spartans whihc is my own chapter however i will oftne proxy them as BA's(they are both red so meh). So i use my BA's army that i can also use easily with my normal marines with only a slgiht adjestments here and there to the force accoutned for the swap.
This would men you woulkd play Salamaders AND Blood Angels. You jsut have to advoid any "excusive" units like the Baal Preditor or the Stormraven. So how aobut somthing liek this;

x10 Assault Marines w/ 2 Flamers/Meltaguns
x10 Assault Marines w/ 2 Flamers/Meltaguns
x10 Marines w/ Melta's
x10 Marines w/ Flamers
Landraiders(redeemer, Normal and/or Crusader)
Thunder Hammer Termintors
Dreadnoughts (Ironclads can proxy as Furioso's as they are no(good) modals for them, especially blood Talons)
That and get a hero for each. Vulkan and maybe someone like Dante

1 - 5 of 5 Posts