Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as said in the title, I want to start a Blood Angels army (incase I ever have to fight one :)) So, here's the list I made. It's 2000 points on the dot. Please don't insult me if I did something wrong; this is my first try.

Mephiston. - 250

Honour Guard x5, 4 Power Swords and Bolt Pistols, Jump Packs. - 225

Assault Marines x10, Meltagun, Meltagun, 1 Power Sword. - 235

Furioso Librarian, Smite, Wings of Sanguinius. - 175

Furioso Librarian, Smite, Wings of Sanguinius. - 175

Terminator x5, Landraider (normal) with Multi-Melta and Pintle mounted Storm Bolter. - 470

Thanks in advance!
DH

·
Registered
220 Posts
if i was going to run terminators in a land raider they would be assault termies with 2lightning claws and 3 thunderhammers. but truly i'd drop them and add in 450+ pts of ranged support

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call me a cheap b#%^d if you may, but i'm using the Space Hulk terminators to save money:). I could probably use the thunder hammer termie though, and say the rest of the squad is the same.

For ranged support, what would you suggest? A las-pred maybe?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Space hulk termies, so sweet and so difficult to use in BA list...

But let's get to the point: most of your army are assaulting infantry/jump infantry/walkers. And you dont have a single sanguinary priest? Possibly the best force multiplyer in the codex is left out of your army. That's a huge mistake.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saguniary priest eh? I better just pick up the codex. Make everything much easier...

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Sang. Priests are so worth it. Furious charge and FNP. Then you give them a PW and you can really put a hurting on some guys. As far as your list goes I would also advise that you put melta bombs on your Sarges that way you can open up heavy transports like LR and whatnot... @ 5 points they are worth it. If you are going up against other SM the outflanking Baal preds with the Flamestorm is a godsend wounds on a 2 and no save due to AP3. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot for the help, but I think I'll pass. I just got so excited when I finished painting the Termies, but they're really notmy kind of army. I already got cc armies and the longest ranged army in the game, so i guess I'll go for something neutral.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts