Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking long and hard about starting up a 40k army, problem is I need advice... I have an old Tau Codex, a box of unpainted/glued Fire Warriors and just my imagination floating around :)

I'd like to start a SM army and eventually compile a tau force, so would buying a battleforce box be worth it? or should I build it up from squad to squad?

Any tips so I don't end up paying a ton of money in one shot? (Paying a ton of money over time is okay though :grin:)

P.S. I have no paints, tools, or current codices... really starting from scratch here lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I'd personally like to start with SM and once that army gets solidified I would fill out my Tau. I've looked at the Assault on Black Reach set and I think I'll start with that and a SM Codex. As far as gaming goes, I'm more interested in the painting/modelling and fluff, but once I get a reasonable sized army (1500 points?) I'd like to try playing a few games and get a bit more competitive.

I've been on this site since last year and just never bothered posting before, so I ALMOST have an idea of whats going on haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is all great advice thanks! I'm at college now and I'd want to keep the minis back home until I had enough room in my dorm. Hopefully by Christmas I can squeeze a few bucks out of my parents and then get started with my SMs :p

And should I start with a codex army or with my home brew one? Until I make rules I would just adopt another chapters style

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome stuff, I don't think my homebrew ideas are ready to be unleashed on heresy yet, but when they are hopefully it will be good stuff lol

As far as supplies are concerned, I was wondering where I could find some inexpensive paints and glue? and maybe some greenstuff if I'm feeling dangerous :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts