Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
It is nice to see a good forum for 40K players. I started playing about 8 years ago and took a small break from the game, about a year or so. Got into some pre-painted game which were nice do to my time constraints (got married, first child was born) but never fully satisfied. Seeing the new Orks has peaked my interest again. My main army is Tau so I am looking for something opposite of them. I live in Chicago so I will be looking for games again.
Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Nice to see a old gamer returning the the game welcome to heresy-online

·
Registered
136 Posts
whad up

Oh yeah - i would do a little bit of reading before delving into the new Orks, I've heard good and bad things [[but mostly negative]] -- i'm not an Ork guy myself so i'd do a little reading - certainly enough ork dudes on this forum that you could ask
[[though they might be a little biased :headbutt:]]

[[plus Chaos kicks everyones ass so you should definately start with them]]

·
Registered
78 Posts
The new Ork codex rocks the socks off of the old one. As you can now run a Ork horde the way they were meant to be. As well Orks are a viable shooty army as well.

For example shoota's are now S4 AP5 Assault 2 18" range. Orks lost their armor reducing choppa's but are much cheaper, have gained furious charge, and can actually Waagh! Which gives them a fleet move once per game. Unless you take Weirdboyz who have a psychic power that can make them Waagh! more than once.

I've thoroughly read the new codex, and it is awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice everyone. I plan on reading the codex first just need to wait I guess.
Thanks
Joey

·
Registered
136 Posts
The new Ork codex rocks the socks off of the old one. As you can now run a Ork horde the way they were meant to be. As well Orks are a viable shooty army as well.

For example shoota's are now S4 AP5 Assault 2 18" range. Orks lost their armor reducing choppa's but are much cheaper, have gained furious charge, and can actually Waagh! Which gives them a fleet move once per game. Unless you take Weirdboyz who have a psychic power that can make them Waagh! more than once.

I've thoroughly read the new codex, and it is awesome.
lol i stand corrected

-I didnt mean to stray you from the orks italia - the new codex is more of a preference thing i guess - one of the veteran players at my store stoped playing his orks cause of the new codex - [couldnt tell you why though]

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Welcome to Heresy Italia

Good to see a old player returning to the game. Hopefully we will see you around and can help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts