Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like i might not be able to go to Ard Boyz afterall so I think I will try and build this sister force the right way. In smaller chunks that allow me to tweak as I go and actually get them painted. To that end I will be starting with 750 points. Please feel free to add in your thoughts as I am brand new to the SOB army. It is a bit of a change for me as I normally run mostly CC armies and the tactic is point and release a beat down. Shooting is something that has always been second option so this will be different for me. I have tons of Sisters and am willing to tweak as needed. I do want to keep it Pure SOB though so I am not interested in Inq add ons or the items that require a Priest at this time. I want Sisters, Holy trinity, tanks that pretty much sums it for me.

HQ
Canoness 116
Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, meltas, Jump pack, mantle
She will run along side the Seraphim though not join them as I want them to get the Hit and run rule. I figure she will take out tanks if possible with the melta and deal with stuff she can deal with thanks to the Blessed weapon

Troops 224 X2
Sister of battle squad X2 kitted out the same
7 Sisters with Bolters
Sister with Melta Gun
Sister with Heavy flamer
VSS with BOSL, Combi Melta
Rhino
Armor Smoke

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad 186
3 sisters with bolt pistols
2 Sisters with hand Flamers
VSS with BOSL Eviscerator

Gives me 750 on the nose
29 Models 27 of them Sisters

I figure this gives me a mobile force with everyone either in a rhino or Jetpack bound. Should allow for me to deal with Infantry thanks to loads of Bolters and heavy flamer action.

AT in the form of the Seraphim and the 2 meltas. Not sure where I will go for the next 250 but I think that at least a single exorcist will help the list a lot.

Suggestions are welcome.

Gub

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Looks pretty solid to me, though I'm wishing you could find the points for a Cloak on the Canoness.

The one thing I'm iffy on - and it's more a Thought of the Day than it's solid advice - is the Eviscerator. It's a good choice for charging into infantry, but in terms of anti-armor you could outfit the entire squad with meltabombs instead you'd have points left over.

Exorcist in the next 250 should indeed help, and perhaps a second Canoness for the Faith points? She could be cheap with her only job being to get herself killed as quickly as possible ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it is worth looking at for sure. The cloak is something I would like to see on the Canoness for sure and I might tweak the lsit some to get it in there.

As for the Eviscerator drop, what would you suggest taking on the VSS if I drop the Eviscerator? Meltas for the squad would work and I could just take the Book and maybe a Power Weapon/Bolt pistol combo. I am thinking that even though they seem to be Assault troops they are better off not rushing in so the PW might be a waste.

Open to suggestions at this level as I was going to have to convert the Eviscerator anyway. The model I have is armed with Plasma Pistol and Sword if that helps. I could trade the Heavy flamers for flamers in the SOB squads to save some points until I get a larger force to play with.

At the 1000 point level I think that taking the Exorcist will happen and I am thinking that the second HQ could work. I am not sure where I would stick her though. With there being no room in the rhinos and nothing else to run with I hate for her to be the lone foot soldier. Would you suggest taking a JP with her as well? Another option is to drop the Combi Meltas in the Squads to free up some points.

Gub

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Seraphim are your go-to girls for zooming around the table eliminating pockets of resistance. Think dug-in heavy weapons or isolated squads: Flamed, shot at, and then assaulted to get rid of the survivors by virtue of hitting them a lot (note they ALL have two close-combat weapons). Melta bombs give them lethal anti-vehicle ability as well. Make use of Hit and Run to escape retribution and remember when picking your fights that there's Acts of Faith (Remember, the VSS being alive means you have a free Simulacrum Imperialis on the Seraphim squad!) to turn a fight from 'iffy/costly' into 'victory'. A Power Weapon on the VSS could easily pay off. So could the Eviscerator. All depends on how you use them :)

Note on Eviscerators: Both swords you get with the Canoness model are actually larger than the Eviscerators of the Repentia. Given that the Eviscerator is supposed to be grotesquely large, I suspect she's overcompensating for something (probably the fact that the SM now have bigger flamers than we do, which seems utterly unfair). That does mean you can easily use the chain one as an Eviscerator without anyone being the wiser.

About that second Canoness, if you have the points to make her useful and preferably a squad/transport to go with her, that's good. On the other hand, if you're looking to save a couple points or have another idea in mind, don't kit her out overmuch... Just basic weapons and Melta Bombs or an Eviscerator to make sure she can't be ignored.

She's worth 2 Faith points.

Once she dies, she's worth another 2.

For a total of four, at a bargain price.

At the risk of seeming totally heartless, Canoness Martha the Martyr has been a part of my smaller army lists for a while now :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts