Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
321 - 340 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
yeah i guess that the emperor of man would whoop palpatines ass. the guy was a scrawny little wreck, he didnt actually do much damage to master yoda in thier dual and the emperor of man could squash yoda under his power armoured boot.
but we dont really know what powers EoM had beside the psychic lance but im sure that would do the job on palpatine even if he was jumping around with his lightsaber like in revenge of the sith.
Palpatine does have force lightening and those sort of things but EoM kinda stood up to horus who was chaos powered and had a similar lightening trick so there is a good chance he could take it until he grabbed palpatine around the neck with that lightening claw of his and ripped his head off.
plus EoMs sword seems to have some power source that possibly has a chance against a lightsaber so maybe they could be honourable and just have a old fashioned swordfight (or maybe not) :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
OK, now that you guys understood where I was coming from/what I meant (thank you for that) I too will simmer.

EoM v.s. Palpatine, I give to EoM, Darth Bane on the other hand... now that shit would be epic (I have held for a long time that true Sith Lords left the galaxy since Plageus was killed by Plapatine, and I have yet to see a "sith lord" purported to fit the bill past that point)

On Mandalorians, I highly doubt that they would go over to the Imperium, as 1) at the approximate point in SW history where the Empire is peaked, they are Boba's (Mandalore at the time, a useless Chakar of a Mandalore, but Mandalore nonetheless) sole employer for all intents and purposes. That said, Mandalorians are feircely loyal, and stubborn as all hell, they fought the Vong, on their homeworld (ceding a decent portion of ground, so that they could use tactics to negate the strength of numbers the Vong had on them), for the better part of the War (3 years or so, IIRC). Now, as I said before, it took a 40k style war to get Boba to be a decent Mandalore (militarilly, beleive it or not, he is one hell of a tactician); and, however shitty the storyline direction/idea/as a whole for the vong war was, it was on the same scale as 40k. That said, within a year or so of the Empire and Imperium kicking off their war (and it WOULD be hellacios), Boba's leadership streak would kick in, he would show up as Mandolore (who, is historically beleived without question by the Mandalorians (within reason (and seeing as the Imperium would be waging a war of religious purginc/purification (the same as the Vong were) ALL members of the SW galaxy would be bonned up the ass should the Imperium win) and he would do the following several actions: 1) call in al the scattered Mandos. 2) (allow a few months for all of them to show up on Mandalore (planet, not Bobas arse)) tell all of them who WERE working for the Imperium to stop doing so, and form an army of Mandalorians of some sort (in the Vong war, he tooled around with the 500 best Mandos, and had all the rest just zip around saving the Galactic alliances ass). 3) pledge the support of said army to the service of the Empire. 4) command his army agianst the imperium.

also, I do beleive that the reason we have had so many childish spats on this thread, is because, if you really look at the OP, it invites a flame war, in fact, I am amazed we have had so few.

SO, in the interest of keeping things moving in a forward direction, here is what we have generally agreed on so far:
Stormtrooper (Imperial)=Imperial Guardsman
Space Marines>Most Star Wars infantry (about equal with Mandalorians, Dark Troopers (phase II and III) and YVH war droids)
GA space vessels > Imperium space vessels (?)
Imperium Tanks > Star Wars tanks
Titans > all

I really hope that I didnt come across as too much of an ass, its just that I think the idea behind this thread is really cool, and I was/am sick and fucking tired of flame wars

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, are people seriously considering that Star Wars would win?

Let's consider the battle on Geonosis, in the stadium. How many Jedi did they have, about 200-250? And they were SLAUGHTERED by the little battle droids, just by massed blaster fire. And they could even deflect that.

A jedi knight, full of confidence, leads his squad of troopers through a battlefield, at a line of space marines. As they reach ranges, shots break out, and clones fall. The clones return fire, downing a few marines. The Jedi dodges a blaster shell, ducks, jumps up, and is hit in the face by a plasma blast. Then an Assault Marine squad roars in from above, slaughtering clones, as they don't carry close combat weapons.

Space Battles would go to the Empire, but 1 ship gets through, plants a teleport homer, and you have terminators charging ST.

It would be brutal, but it would go to the Imperium.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shas, first off, space marines arent the traditional or standard "line" troops, they attack, they assault, and they seize, they very seldomly defend, and when they do, they defend by counter attacking as much as possible.

that said, it would be a squad of clones (elites, Jedi dont go around with the regular troopers, they always worked with a squad of commandos (about one squad of 4 of these guys is good for a marine or two in the open feild, probably less if marines ambush them (by less I mean none) and a few more if they ambush the marines (by that I mean 3 or 4)) vs. guardsman...

besides, we have mostly left clone wars behind, and are assuming this is a SW galaxy where the movies didnt happen (i.e. the main characters dont get lucky umpteen times, but get crushed, as all the rest of the fluff says they should have/would have been). So most force users are of the sith, or at least fallen jedi persuasion (granted, they only have scraps of the dark sides true power, Vader and Palpatine hold most of it).

you are right about it being brutal, and most of us are currently going with "too close to call" with what we have agreed on, and are debating over the finer points, to get an acceptable outcome... then probably more fluff like that written in the middle of the thread will be pumped out, once we have reached an acceptable outcome through debate.

once again you are correct about the ship battles too (in most of our books, lol)

am I right other threadies?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Clones are stormtropers though so really apart from leaders the army would be overall similar... And Going by the story for force unleashed is anything to go by there could be sith leading units of stormtroopers. All apprentices to the other darths around the place.... IF there was any other darths bar sidius and vader....

And dessel's right the mandalorians are stubborn and very loyal when it comes to war. When they attacked the republic they kept fighting unitl the clans were totally disbanded because they love battle. They will fight a superior opponent to the very end so others can learn. If they have allied themselves with the republic, as they would have after gaining so much respect from them from the mando war, they will stick with them against the imperium....
Also for some reason I think of blasters in the SW universe as more like tau rifles so they could take down a ggod few more marines than that way....

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
the sith belief system goes with there should be only 2 sith an apprentice and a master nothing more last time the sith created an empire with an army of sith Darth Bane who palpatine mentions in episode 3 destroyed all of them and took an apprentice the sith apprentice is supposed to learn all he can from his/her master and then kill them or die trying. Palpatine believed in this way of the sith so he didnt recruit anymore. thats the only reason he wanted luke to kill vader so he could take luke as an apprentice and maintain the way of the dark side...

so there wouldnt be sith leading squads of stormtroopers unless vader did it himself, and he cant be everywhere at once.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Good point.... I'm going back to KOTOR times which is 4000 years before the movies so that's where that idea comes from.... In force unleashed though, the new game, there are several lightsaber wielding dark side guys.... MAybe not sith but lightsaber trained guys....

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
why would they be with the empire????? i dont think that palpatine would allow them to join his army hed probably kill them if they tried

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
why would they be with the empire????? i dont think that palpatine would allow them to join his army hed probably kill them if they tried
Sorry not jedi wielding guys ( I've got a jedi and I'm not afraid to use it!!) ligtsaber wielding guys I meant.... They're some on palpatine's side in the new game....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Palpatine did keep some dark side force users around, mostly in one cultish group, including his head of intelligence, 2 Grand Admirals, at least 10 "Hands" (including Mara Jade, Lukes future wife), most, if not all of the the Redguards were force sensitive, both Palpatine and Vader had other side "apprentices" (IIRC, in Force Unleashed, you are, in fact, Vaders "secret Aprentice"). Also, there were many other sith cults, Jedi on the run losing it, and Sith Lords Ghosts possesing the body of powerful force users they find (untrained, similair to daemonic possesion of untrained psykers), and trying to rebppt the sith empire from when they were alive.

also, when Bane set out the Rule Of Two (opperating creedo, sith code is the start of my sig.) he did mention that other, useful force users could be corrupted, and fed the table scraps of the dark side. The most powerful of these were on par with Jedi Knights, the weakest were laughable.

Also, Blackhole (the force sensitive head of security I mentioned) was a master at Sith Alchemy (ancient sith technique used to make monsters (Terenterek, mech-zombies, monsters, mutants of great power), these were commonly force sensitive to some degree.

I have a feeling that a war against the Imperium could lead Palpatine to find a lot more "scraps" of the dark sides power, so sith(ish) squad leaders is a possibility.

still, these squad leaders would prob. only ammount to one force-trick ponies (with a lightsaber) who are faster, and stronger than an average human, but still only barely approaching kinda close to SPace Marines S and T. (Think Tsons aspiring sorcerer but more variety, and weaker in physical traits (barring speed)

also, if ne1 could feed me the general (fluff) organization of the IG, numbers and HW/tank distribution from squad to biggest unit they have (barring the whole army) I found such an article on wookepedia for the Empire, but since its a mess, and I dont want to make this post even longer, I will do the comparison work off the thread, and report the results.

·
Registered
676 Posts
ok ill put it this way Inquisitorial stormtroopers vs.Imperial stormtropers

yeah imperium wins
and your logic supporting this?
we do acceprt non-scientific oppinions, if good logic is behind them, so...

explain yourself.

·
Registered
240 Posts
IG numbers in the billions, millions of tanks, the ability to call up from the even larger PDF reserves plus conscription... IG win the numbers game, hands down, just cadia can field tens of millions of guardsmen, and that's a single planet. Then you have the Skitarii, Astartes, Stormtroopers, Naval Armsmen, Sisters of Battle, Frateris militia and the Arbites all of whom will fight for the Emperor... And that's just the Imperium...

·
Registered
676 Posts
said it once, and I'll say it again, the Star Wars Galaxy took 365 TRILLION deaths on the chin and barely noticed it...
so they could match numbers w/in a few years if they so chose

·
Registered
240 Posts
Uk Billions (a million millions) not american ones (a thousand millions), so the same as "trillion" in US...

Why the fug we don't have a standardised system I don't know.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Imperium would win hands down, especially if it’s pre-heresy. All twenty legions of the adeptus with their respective primarchs and possibly the Emperor himself The Empire (or republic) wouldn’t stand a chance. They would cleanse anything that wasn’t human and try to turn the humans to realize the Imperial truths over the Empires. Imperial guard at least can hit the broad side of a barn.

·
Registered
60 Posts
And who knows how much of the Human population would side with the Emperor, thus providing the Imperium forces with critical information about planetary defenses and fleet movement. (turncoats could be everywhere inthe Empire)

321 - 340 of 379 Posts